Senior UX/UI Designer
Would you like to work on projects that help advance science?
Would you like to work in a complex problem space to design effective tools to publish scientific research?
About the team:
SSRN is an online preprint service delivered by a very collaborative distributed team – the business is based in upstate New York while the product and development squad is located in Oxford and London. The squad supports the day-to-day operations of SSRN for the 800K+ academic authors who have posted over a million research papers on the site since we launched. We also work on more strategic improvements to make it easier for researchers to share their research early and openly. We work hard to create an inclusive, relaxed, and friendly environment because we think that happy and engaged people do the best work.
About the role:
We need a designer to help champion our users’ needs, transform initial concepts into ready-to-ship services, and refresh the look and feel of the website. As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will liaise with senior stakeholders and partner closely with cross-functional product and engineering teams to deliver services by conducting research, identifying problems, developing workflows, and creating and user-testing new solutions. You will own the design, managing complex UX challenges and visual design work. You will be part of a supportive design team with an innovative design culture.
- Partner with product managers and engineers to define the roadmap and backlog, and to ensure strategic alignment and effective working processes
- Conduct research to develop a deep understanding of user needs, support your design decisions, and build empathy for users across the organisation
- Run workshops, ideate and prototype quickly, and produce detailed design deliverables to ship your designs into production
- Refresh the SSRN website and explore co-branding opportunities
- Ensure that product designs meet user needs, support business goals, and are technically feasible
Key Requirements needed as a Senior UX/UI Designer:
- Have a portfolio that demonstrates design experience covering User Research, User Experience (UX), and User Interface Design (UI)
- Hands-on experience in research and user testing
- Attention to detail and proficiency in producing UX flows, design concepts, high-fidelity designs and prototypes using tools such as Figma or similar
- Ability to use existing pattern libraries and deliver design specifications
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders, think strategically about product and design, and communicate persuasively to influence decisions
- Experience of delivering products in an Agile environment
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Product Designer, R&D Operations
Closing 26 March 2023
- Stevenage, Brentford
UX / UI Lead - Mobile App
Closing 5 February 2023
- TUI Group
- Luton, London
Closing 4 April 2023
- Siemens plc
Want more Senior UX/UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.