Senior UX/UI Designer
About the role:
As a Senior UX/UI designer, you will work closely with the mobile product team. This team is responsible for ensuring customer engagement with our app products.
The focus is to keep our customers happy, by enabling them to do things like change their package and understand the value they’re getting from their Virgin Media services through our digital channels, driving loyalty and retention.
You will be considered an expert in your field, able to demonstrate a wide range of professional knowledge to craft solutions to issues in creative and effective ways.
Your primary goals will be to design the next generation of apps and other mobile interfaces across multiple platforms such as iOS, Android and Windows. You’ll support in improving the overall customer experience, focusing on building new journeys and iterating on existing ones.
You’ll need bright ideas, high energy and a commitment to improving our digital customer experience for good. You’ll need to hit the ground running, be proactive and strong at problem-solving.
The must haves:
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience:
• Experience of designing user centered experiences, with a solid digital portfolio showing examples of your work and processes
• Proven experience of working with UX and/ or service design principles and brand guidelines
• Experience creating and contributing to digital design libraries, pattern libraries or something similar
• Demonstrated ability to understand complex technical digital concepts, and present them as simple design solutions
• 5+ years of professional experience in mobile UX/UI role ideally working with both native and non-native designs.
The other stuff we're looking for:
We'd also love you to bring:
- Can advocate for UX best practice while balancing the technical constraints of your project
- Strong ability to recognise and predict user interaction and incorporate them into designs.
- Confident communicator who can deal with a wide range of stakeholders while supporting the product owner.
- Applying a User-Centred Design approach to everything you do.
- Supporting with user research and user testing, informing the approach to take
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include communication from the Recruiter.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Digital Designer - 6 month FTC
Closing 16 May 2023
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
Senior Interaction Designer - 12 Months FTC
Closing 17 May 2023
- Virgin Media
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
Director - User Experience
Closing 14 May 2023
- Moody's Corporation
Want more Senior UX/UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.