Senior UX/UI Designer- Mobile
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English.
We’re looking for a talented UX/UI designer with expertise in mobile design to join our Experience Design Team in Barcelona. You’ll be part of a team working towards accelerating the evolution of our product, processes and technology with the goal of delivering an extraordinary user experience.
Your primary goals will be to design the next generation of mobile experiences including apps and other mobile interfaces across multiple platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows, and mobile web. We expect you to have an evolved understanding of how people use their devices, the flexibility to adapt to new technologies, and a robust toolkit. However, you are a generalist designer who is able to apply their skills in UX/UI to a range of projects and problem areas, willing to jump in wherever you can help.
You thrive on working well with others, with different knowledge levels and capabilities. You make the people around you better and incorporate ideas and inspiration from internal and external sources. You love to collaborate with designers, user researchers, engineers, product managers, executives, and inspire them to do their best.
You get stuff done and you’re a fantastic storyteller. You know that our products tell our customers a story through the user experience. You won’t rest until that story is a compelling one. Your contributions to design across the product will be agile while being consistent with the company ethos, brand and the other product teams.
You love rules and you know when to break them. You think systemically because you know that creating a coherent experience requires it. But you know when the system needs to expand to remain agile. You know when to do something completely unique and when to trust your past experiences.
You don’t already know everything and you love to learn. You’re inspired by helping users solve their problems in unique ways. You understand the why - or ask why not.
You are an independent, self-motivated, and creative professional - capable of adapting quickly to a fast-paced environment. This is an active hands-on role that will require a designer who can solve complex visual and interaction design challenges. You must also have an extremely developed sense of design and impeccable attention to detail.
What You'll Do:
- Hands-on creative problem solving in a cloud-driven enterprise software system.
- Work with a multi-disciplined UX team of designers, user researchers, product managers and engineers in a fast-paced, dynamic, agile environment.
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for mobile.
- Produce high-quality design deliverables that communicate design solutions and facilitate discussion.
- Presentation of design alternatives and effectively communicate rationale and trade-offs.
- Share your work and be open to trade-offs and collaborative, constructive feedback.
- Create non-formulaic solutions and different approaches to varied challenges.
- Keep communication flowing by bringing feedback from customers to the team, and taking team questions back to customers.
- Demonstrate a passion for iteration and eager to receive feedback.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects of varying timelines, degrees of complexity and scope.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of advancements in mobile application design, industry standards, changes and trends in UX.
- Draw inspiration and ideas from internal and external sources.
- Dissect design obstacles and tackle them in a methodical manner in order to overcome them effectively.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Degree in Product/Industrial Design, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years working in the field of UX/UI design, OR 2-3 years experience with an advanced HCI/Design degree. Experience with “big data software” a huge plus. We need a self-starter who can take a bit of directional input and then take off.
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile and the web, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work.
- A strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand identity management, digital marketing and the creative process.
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge in mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
- Operational understanding of Accessibility and ability to incorporate accessibility in the Mobile designs.
- Expert-level proficiency with design tools like Sketch, Figma and InVision.
- Online portfolio demonstrating experience producing sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, and successful delivery of innovative Mobile interface design solutions for IOS and Android.
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Excellent communication skills; office and company language is English.
- Flexibility to work with geographically distributed teams.
- Working knowledge of accessibility best practices.
- Front-end design knowledge is a plus.
- Experience working in Agile Development methodology a plus.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements:
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses.
Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Closing 30 August 2020
Closing 1 September 2020
Want more Senior UX/UI Designer- Mobile jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.