Senior UX Researcher
At Vodafone, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it's our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
About the role:
We are looking for a seasoned UX Researcher to join our team here at Vodafone Smart
Tech in London.
This role is a unique opportunity to have a tremendous impact on the Vodafone Smart
Tech mission and your chance to grow as part of a progressive design-led team.
You’ll be joining a Design and Research community that sits within Smart Tech’s
Product Studio. The studio is a community of Product Owners, Product Designers, UX
Researchers, and Engineers focused on answering the evolving needs of our modern
We’re motivated by deep empathy and a fascination with everyday living and the
opportunities it brings. We work as one in the design process, to find innovations that
leverage tech in pursuit of enhancing the human experience through simple, elegant
Your role will be to work as part of a closely-knit community to help ask the hard
questions, through research, ideation, prototyping, and testing all centered around our
user’s needs, behaviors, and motivations.
Together, with your colleagues, you’ll help shape beautiful, intuitive, and accessible
market-leading IoT experiences for our international audience.
What you’ll do here:
● You'll work with your product manager and designers to take broad and conceptual ideas, and run
research programmes to learn, inform and help designers and product managers shape useful
and valuable solutions for our customers.
● You’ll contribute towards and/or lead research projects, end-to-end research programmes -
activities will include: competitor & industry research, requirements gathering, ideation &
conception, user interviews, moderated/unmoderated usability testing, surveys, diary studies,
profile building, analytics review, presenting research findings, and research support to designers
and product managers.
● You’ll develop partnerships with peers, supporting those around you from engineers, to product
managers, designers .
● You'll work with your partners to lead the research efforts and run end-to-end research from
conception, to launch and beyond.
● You’ll actively help colleagues to understand the value of research, provide perspective, and
advice. Advocating design to diverse audiences (including senior leaders) through written reports,
oral presentations, and other novel approaches.
● You’ll actively contribute in evaluating the aesthetic, interactivity, and usability of our apps, whilst
considering our design principles and brand identity.
● You're a seasoned UX Researcher, 4+ years experience in industry.
● You have 1+ years experience in researching IoT product solutions.
● You have a compelling portfolio consisting of numerous projects showcasing your thinking,
contribution, actions, and outcomes.
● You have experience working with agile, lean, sprint-based processes.
● You have successfully supported and/or led the research efforts in the delivery of iOS and
Android products, physical products.
● You have a solid skill set across UX Research; planning, recruiting, moderating and testing
product experiences, alongside a good understanding of product design practices.
● You’re able to respond quickly to problems at hand and support your colleagues in developing/
researching ideas at pace.
● You have a strong research process, proactively seeking input, perspectives and insight to help
iterate upon your concepts and the design confidence to experiment.
● You have the ability to communicate the value of research, championing the user to inform our
decisions, whilst balancing the needs of our identity and business.
● You have good communication skills, you are able to articulate your ideas and the goals of your
work succinctly and effectively, including the ability to produce written and oral reports to engage
with colleagues and stakeholders.
● You are comfortable working collaboratively and autonomously, managing your own time and
competing demands and can work with your manager and colleagues within the squad to plan
and prioritise work.
● You understand the importance of working with autonomy and as part of a team. You’re able to
contribute ideas to the wider community, yet understand the value in working with our design
principles and utilizing our in-house research practices.
● Your work is considerate not just to the customer, but to colleagues, you consciously make an
effort to follow the set standards within design files and recognise that other colleagues need to
be able to work with your projects.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.