Senior UX Researcher
As a Barclays Senior UX Researcher, you will be at the forefront of creating award winning products for our 25 million customers. You will be leading a number projects within our large and diverse Insights and Design team whilst offering you an exciting opportunity of a creative and collaborative working environment, right at the heart of product development. This is part of a key transformation to evolve and grow Barclays User Research capability and is part of an ongoing investment by the Bank.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
These roles will initially be remote working but the successful applicant will be based out of any of our centralised locations of London, Northampton and Radbroke (Manchester).
What will you be doing?
• Ensuring a customer voice is at the heart of everything we do, engaging Designers, Product Owners and other key stakeholders in the user-centered design process.
• You will be Leading and running User Research projects to support the creation of beautiful, useful, and innovative products for our 25m UK customers.
• Leading user research initiatives, delivering customer insights and research to inform all stages of product and service development and delivery.
• Developing new ways user research can help shape propositions and products, comfortable to flex approach.
• Actively helping develop the strategy to position Barclays at the forefront of digital banking experiences over the next few years.
• Leading collaborative partnerships with design, research and customer teams to common objectives.
• You will manage and be responsible for customer data within user testing and analytics, ensuring it is managed and shared in a compliant way.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience utilising usability lab studies, user interviews, expert evaluations, participatory design sessions, rapid prototyping, ethnographic research survey development, analysis.
• Proven experience leading within design research capability, with a strong portfolio of projects showing examples of your work, processes and impact.
• Prior knowledge of tools for formative research, exploration, and discovery. As well as evaluative research for testing and refinement of concepts and prototypes.
• The ability to create clear methods to successfully communicate key insights to a wide range of stakeholders.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Prior experience managing stakeholders and timelines / priority lists.
• Experience with UX/UI design and / or a Product Owner background.
• Understanding of research operations (tools, processes) to improve team efficiency and effectiveness of research.
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Closing 20 January 2021
User Researcher - IBM CIC
Closing 25 January 2021
- IBM Design
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.