Senior UX Researcher
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Senior UX Researcher:
- Join an open and collaborative environment, where you’ll play a key role in developing a programme of research for product-related human-centred design (HCD) challenges
- You'll work closely with other members of the product team to deliver compelling and enjoyable experiences
- Whether working on understanding customer needs for one of the most used banking apps in the UK or helping to define new propositions for our next exciting innovation, no two days will be the same
What you'll do:
As a Senior UX Researcher, you’ll be leading, defining and conducting research into customer experiences for a range of different products, existing and new. You'll grow our research community practice and join an environment where learning and development is a primary focus.
Working closely with product owners, UX designers, visual designers, and other stakeholders, you’ll be using a variety of techniques and tools to elicit the insight necessary to make informed and HCD decisions.
Additionally, you’ll be:
- Contributing to the development of high-level storyboards and journey mapping to communicate goals, motives, and the means by which groups of customers use, or will use, a given product
- Communicating a range of insights in a way that engage your stakeholders and spur them to drive positive change for our customers
- Providing HCD recommendations based on research insight or recognised principles in psychology or ergonomics, supporting the design of solutions
- Mentoring more junior members of the team and helping them develop in their craft
- Leveraging multiple research techniques to provide the design team with solid insights to understand and empathise with customer needs
- Acting as a champion of HCD by recommending the best possible UX research practice, principles and processes
The skills you'll need:
You’ll need to have experience of supporting HCD processes and using both qualitative and quantitative research techniques to address design challenges for new and existing products or services. You’ll also be creative in your problem solving and be able to work well as part of an Agile team environment.
Ideally, you have a degree in human-computer interaction, psychology or a related subject.
We’ll also be looking for:
- Experience of shaping and scoping the research approach to meet customer and business objectives
- The ability to review digital experiences through a lens of heuristics
A curiosity about humans, their needs, goals and mental models
- Knowledge of research techniques and methodologies, including UX evaluative testing, focus groups, diary studies, ethnographic observation, survey design and co-creation workshops
- Relevant experience and the ability to deliver relevant and effective insight under varying project constraints
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 12 March 2022
- Landor & Fitch
Digital Content Designer
Closing 14 March 2022
Interaction Designer - UX/UI
Closing 21 January 2022
- Department for International Trade
- London, Cardiff, Darlington, Edinburgh and Belfast
£34,425 - 44,050 (London: 38,600 - 44,050 / National: £34,
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.