Senior UX Researcher - Platform
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English.
WHY ORACLE NETSUITE?
One word — Transformation.
At Oracle NetSuite, we believe the Cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers.
We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all.
Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. Oracle NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward.
Founded in 1998 by Oracle CEO, Larry Ellison, and NetSuite CTO and Chairman Evan Goldberg, Oracle NetSuite is used by more than 20,000 high-growth and midsized companies and divisions of large enterprises to run mission-critical operations without the high costs and inefficiency of on premise systems.
A family of Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, Developers, Test Automation Engineers and Technical Writers, sharing an enthusiastic work culture in our terrific office in Barcelona!
We believe the greatest and simplest solutions come from a group effort. We move forward by bridging Experience Design with Product Management and Engineering at every step of the problem definition and product development.
We pursue innovative ways of building user-centered solutions that scale over time; We think out of the box and spend a lot of time brainstorming.
We work using Agile methodologies and MVP approaches.
We proudly practice Design Thinking and iterate our solutions based on customer feedback and technical feasibility.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to join the Oracle NetSuite Platform group, in Barcelona.
The Platform group delivers fundamental pieces of the Suite experience across the partners, implementors and customers ecosystem, enabling them to customize and extend the out of the box experience to fulfill the last mile requirements for any company, vertical and region. At the core of NetSuite customization and extensibility capabilities are the administrators and development specialists.
As a member of the growing platform research team, you will establish efforts to collaborate with customers and help shape the ideal end-user experience at every stage of the design process for system administrators and developers who are primary users of the platform. You will work with product teams, and designers to create empathy for users, understand learning objectives, and develop appropriate research activities to achieve those goals. Your research findings and insights will lead to actionable recommendations.
You will work with a cross-functional team to deliver against a roadmap, drive research strategy and execute both strategic and tactical research at all stages of the end to end design and development process. Your success will be measured by the outcomes of your research and not just research output.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to determine research strategy as well as a plan for executing tactical research.
- Propose, plan, execute, and deliver user research at various stages of the development lifecycle, including formative and generative research, validation research and measurement of final product experiences.
- Collaborate with the experience design team and product management to help establish a strong research methodology and process for the Platform team.
- Educate team members on best practices and enable teams to explore basic research activities on their own.
- This is a very hands-on role, and includes managing participant recruitment, data collection, data synthesis and analysis, and delivery of findings and recommendations.
- Contribute to the development of the global research practice.
- 3+ years’ experience doing user research, preferably in the Enterprise domain.
- Extensive experience planning and executing different types of research and usability testing activities such as interviews, customer visits, requirements gathering activities, survey research, and formative and summative usability evaluations.
- Degree in the field of Psychology, HCI, Human Factors, Usability Engineering or related field (advanced degree a plus)
- Ability to creatively come up with appropriate research and usability methods for given research questions.
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative. Ability to self-direct and manage what to work on, how to get it done, and when to deliver
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple high-profile projects in a fast-paced organization.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Flexibility to work with geographically distributed teams. Will involve working with customers and product team members in Europe and North America.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Agile environment – Start-up culture backed by a strong enterprise
- English-speaking environment and international team
- Strong professionals around you that will help to accelerate your growth
- High-impact learning culture: free access to online learning platform and regular in-house training sessions
- Flexible working hours
- Other benefits depending on location
Detailed Description and Job Requirements:
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses.
Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Want more Senior UX Researcher - Platform jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.