Senior UX Product Designer
Condé Nast International sets the benchmark for publishing excellence with leading print and digital brands, including Vogue, Vanity Fair, GQ, Glamour, Wired, Conde Nast Traveller and AD.
Headquartered in London and operating across 28 markets, we publish over 30 iconic print and digital brands, reaching more than 240 million people worldwide.
With a commitment to delivering beautiful, influential content and brand experiences, our mission is to open the doors to a word of excellence, creativity and passion.
Historically, our digital products have had different designs in each market world-wide. Now, we are unifying our technology platforms and bringing our design systems together. A key challenge as we do this is to retain the right level of local feel, while also creating a more cohesive, maintainable and beautiful user experience. Our goal is to create unified user experience for each of our brands and products which exemplify ux best-practices, starting with Vogue and GQ. We are building a multi-disciplined product design team to evolve these products, and you will be part of that effort working within product to sculpt memorable experiences.
This role fits a highly collaborative, hands-on, senior ux specialist. You will have a passion for user centred design and an intense attention to detail. You will be part of a small, but growing product design team and you’ll be involved at an exciting time of change and rapid iteration. This is a real opportunity to influence the look, feel and functionality of these heavy-weight brands and how they work for the user across multiple platforms.
You will have the chance to help define what we ship and how we ship it, ensuring design and the user have a voice at all points in the process. You'll get a rare look at digital publishing around the world. You'll be working with experienced people in product, engineering, data and design who’ve all succeeded in similar challenges. We have leadership buy-in, a clear strategy to execute, and the freedom to get on with it.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for championing user-centred product design, proactively seeking opportunities to share your experiences and approaches within the team but also in the wider company. You have the ability to communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with fellow designers, engineers, product managers and business leaders to develop design solutions. You’re fluent in modern web technologies and have a fundamental understanding of front-end development.
• You will deliver solutions that balance business goals, revenue targets and user needs to provide engaging experiences that make our content resonate in a crowded market.
• Listen to users, partnering with user research to identify opportunities to share compelling stories and data about the customer experience in order to persuade, and recommend ways our products could be improved. You’re as happy doing guerilla testing in a cafe as analysing quantitative research.
• A keen eye for detail, whist knowing how to rapidly solve problems. Using everything from a basic sketch to high fidelity prototypes.
• Craft, test and iterate concepts and prototypes, understanding when a lo-fi sketch will do the job, and knowing when to add more detail.
• Lead workshops & user testing studies to explore solutions and capture requirements. Using data and qualitative & quantitative research to guide your concepts, iteration and optimization work.
• Create workflows, wireframes, sitemaps, high fidelity comps and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. Research, brainstorm and translate conceptual ideas into engaging, visually rich designs solutions.
• Contribute to the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries. Ensuring a consistent experience across products and platforms.
• Defining the future of our brand interactions with ground breaking innovative designs, which are simple, intuitive & useful - across multiple platforms.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Excellent user focused design skills with a portfolio to prove it. The ability to see the bigger picture and capacity to design for scalablity and reuse, not just one off specific solutions. Optimisation and evolution is in you ux dna.
- Excellent understanding of designing for users in a responsive & mobile-first environment.
- Agile environment experience, working collaboratively within a team as well as being self-led. Enjoy working with engineers to make your design a reality. Be comfortable sitting next to a developer while they edit the CSS live.
- Experience in user testing, ability to analyse data & validate, before creating a solution.
- A highly organised problem solver with the talent to distil and translate complexity into crisp, elegant and accessible designs.
- Skills in creating prototypes to iterate, optimise and validate your designs through user testing.
- Strong understanding of web usability & accessibility, digital trends & how websites are put together
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail to ensure our work communicates clearly and is on brand
- Excellent time management and self-organisation
- Expert command of standard design applications (i.e. Sketch, Zepelin, InVision/craft, Adobe CS)
- Experience in coding with HTML5 and CSS3 is an advantage, as is having worked in a digital publishing environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Design or related area.
- Relevant commercial experience as a UX/UI Designer, with a strong understanding of UX processes
- Experience in coding with HTML and CSS is an advantage.
- Previous experience of working client side in a publishing environment is a big positive, as is experience working with users in international markets, especially in Asia.
Designer for Scholastic
Closing 16 March 2019
- Scholastic Publishing
Product Designer, UI & UX
Closing 15 March 2019
- cv channel
- temp to perm
- £450 to 500 /day
Want more Senior UX Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.