Senior UX Motion Designer
Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing Enterprise communication system that is a hub for Office 365 products. Teams has quickly gained millions of monthly active users since the launch over a year ago. Find more info about Teams.
Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds and are grounded in consumer needs. This is a fantastic opportunity to build a framework and experiences millions of people worldwide will use at home, at school, at work, and across their lives. Most of all, we’re motivated by the desire to create product experiences people will love. This space is going through rapid growth and would love to have you on board!
Microsoft Teams is looking for an extraordinary Senior Motion Graphic / 3D artist to join their creative storytelling team. We're looking for someone that is excited about designing collaborative team experiences and is passionate about creating beautiful, crafted, meaningful interfaces and interactions with clarity and precision. You understand the critical role that motion design plays as part of the user experience. You collaborate well with team members across multiple disciplines from Design, Engineering, and PM to understand the opportunities and right problems to solve for, and then find elegant, practical solutions.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality animated motion vignettes, storyboarding, creating style frames, modeling, lighting, and rendering in C4D and Octane. The ideal candidate should have a polished portfolio showcasing strengths in both 2D and 3D UI animation. The candidate should be proficient in After Effects, Premiere Pro, Sketch, C4D, and Octane. In addition to strong motion/3D design skills, you should have a strong visual background and an eye for visual aesthetics. You will help define both the future vision of Microsoft Teams as well as work closely with UX engineers to implement delightful motion across the product.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Microsoft Teams design patterns and personality, as a key app in the Office software suite.
- Create polished motion vignettes showcasing current and future design patterns.
- Render high fidelity 3D and 2D animations tell our product story.
- Deliver motion specs and communicate design patterns with engineers.
- Collaborate with interaction designers to create clear, beautiful, and delightful user interface designs that blend brand personality, visual design, motion design, and sound.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills, and experience:
- An online portfolio or sample of work demonstrating high level motion graphic and 3D rendering work.
- Advance knowledge of 3D and 2D animation applications, including Cinema 4D, Octane, Redshift, and After Effects.
- At least 5 years experience working on UI motion for an agency or large software company.
- Experience working with Sketch and Abstract
- Experience managing multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Have a basic understanding of how to build scalable and performant web animations.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend your design decisions to executive management.
- Excellent presentation skills and willingness to lean in and receive constructive feedback.
- Thrives working in iterative environments, across teams and synthesize feedback from multiple teams/owners.
- Capable of influencing collaboration with an eye for detail, and a strong sense for aesthetic, wit, and delight.
- Always ready to contribute to the success of your team.
- Ability to work within constraints, and adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Works efficiently and consistently meets deadlines.
- Turns great ideas into real experiences.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Staff UX Designer
Closing 21 March 2020
Senior UI Designer
Closing 21 March 2020
- Costa Mesa
Want more Senior UX Motion Designer jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Visualiser - 3D jobs, Product Designer jobs, 3D Designer jobs, 3D Modeller jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.