Senior UX Designer
Maersk is the largest shipping and container logistics company in the world, we are a $40bn organisation with over 85,000 people. Roughly 20% of the world’s long distance goods is shipped in our containers. We’re bringing our organisation together to become an integrated container shipping and logistics company, fundamentally re-thinking how we do business. Improving our customer experience is a core priority.
We are developing product’s that our customers can use to manage/book engagement with Maersk.
As a UX Designer, you work across the design cycle, by generating a detailed understanding of user needs, creating conceptual and detailed designs, and validating them. You will also promote Design Thinking to stakeholders across the organization through your work and deliverables.
Your daily work includes working on several applications within the Maersk platform together with a cross-disciplinary team of Product Owners, UI Developers, and Software Engineers, you’ll work to create the necessary applications for Maersk customers. You are responsible for the research, design, and validation, but also play a crucial part in challenging and refining the scope and functionality of the applications.
You will work closely with fellow UX designers to ensure consistency across the applications, and we want you to provide and solicit feedback on the designs.
We are looking for someone who wants to:
- Make conceptual ideas and refine them into a useful and valuable product experience.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Engineers, and other partners to craft an intuitive, cohesive, and delightful experiences from product conception to launch.
- Develop site maps, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and production-ready specs. You will be responsible for the entire design process for your team.
- Collaborate with the rest of the design community within Maersk to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience across Maersk products.
- Provide and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise the bar of quality.
- Contribute actively in the evolution of Maersk’s design system.
- Promote Design Thinking and a user centric design approach.
- Identify user research needs and conduct usability tests.
- Mentor and coach more junior designers.
To do this job, we imagine you have the following qualifications:
- MA/MSc in HCI, Product Design, or a related field with at least 4 years of experience with desktop experiences, product-, interaction-, and information design.
- Familiarity with design software like Sketch, Axure, and Figma – we primarily use Figma.
- A strong and clean visual design sense.
- Experience working in an agile development process and/or Iterative UX environment – and an environment that is undergoing large change.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an analytical mindset.
- Ability to work independently with stakeholders while liaising and reviewing with fellow designers.
- Proven ability to collaborate and to communicate ideas and design rationale – verbally and written.
- Experience working with Enterprise UX is a plus.
- Experience working with design systems is a plus.
Having substantial operations in over 130 countries, we work across continents, across cultures and with individuals from all walks of life. This drives our ambition, to create equitable and inclusive workplaces where every individual can have a sense of belonging.
As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, race, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, parental or caring status, religion or belief, physical or mental disability, long term health condition, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
We actively work to address systemic bias and support representation. We therefore encourage all to apply and let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for your recruitment process.
Other jobs you may be interested in
UX Researcher - Ocado Smart Platform
Closing 28 May 2023
- perm, remote
Senior UX Designer
Closing 27 May 2023
- Maersk Line
Closing 22 May 2023
- Merlin Entertainments
Want more Senior UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.