Senior UX Designer
The EMEA IT team are responsible for understanding the IT demands, priorities and issues within the business teams and making sure all IT requirements are understood and systems appropriately managed. Working closely with the Global Development Centre (application development & infrastructure, based in Crawley) and Business Change team, the EMEA IT team ensure that all service issues are addressed and project demand is met and managed through the agreed governance process.
- As a Senior UX Designer you will work as a member of the EMEA P&C Systems team and lead on the direction and creation of work associated with the UI/CX programme. As part of the role you will drive a best in class user experience across all of EMEA IT’s systems drawing up and contributing to the UX standards for the region. You will undertake application reviews against these standards to ensure compliance and best practice is aligned to.
- You will utilise your core UI/UX skills and have expert knowledge of usability issues and techniques to contribute to projects through their full life cycle. Based on the business cases, business processes of the customer and an overall user-centric approach to system design you will develop use cases from the requirements and model these into high quality applications UI/CX changes as part of a small team.
- You will be able to work independently and with others, both within the P&C Systems team and other EMEA IT development teams. You will propose and sketch out a range of visual concepts both on paper and using software applications. You will lead the creation of user personas, user journeys and site maps as well as translate concepts into wireframes, prototypes and user flows using specialist tools.
- You will work on cross-platform applications to develop user experiences and work collaboratively with other designers, product design and development teams, business analysts, engineers and project managers. You will bring expertise in Design Thinking and human-centred design, with experience in persona development, journey, design workshops, usability testing and experience mapping.
- You will ensure that all work undertaken by yourself adheres to and progresses the EMEA IT Strategy as well as underlying architectural principles.
- You will be enthusiastic and be interested in sharing good practices within the team. As well as having a positive, constructive approach with an emphasis on collaboration.
Your Responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Be responsible for the UI/CX design standards and programming of software from its inception.
- Be responsible for the timely deliverables of work within remit. Accountable for the quality and on-time delivery of said work and be able to lead by example setting a culture of accountability within the team.
- Engage and work with, where applicable, other IT and business teams within Chubb, including those at the Global Development Centre, building an effective peer network and relationships to ensure a smooth and co-operative outcome on joint-resource initiatives.
- Be responsible for EMEA UI and CX designs including styling, wireframes, user personas as well as running workshops where applicable with stakeholders.
- Working with any other teams on any downstream systems connecting to EMEA systems as appropriate.
- Look for continuous improvements in the EMEA systems space, constantly looking to increase performance, quality and reduce support and maintenance overheads all whilst giving our customers excellent UI and a consistent experience.
- UI/ CX Design experience in previous roles as well as using modern tools and methodologies.
- A good understanding of UX best practice and web standards, as well as applying these to real life systems and projects.
- Experience of delivering and refining UX solutions through the software development life cycle.
- Proactive self-driven individual with a passion for driving demonstrable improvements.
- Positive can-do attitude, happy to work in a fast-paced business with cross functional teams.
- Be highly collaborative.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to devise solutions to business problems.
- You must have a thorough understanding of the software development life cycle, including but not limited to customer requirements gathering, data modelling, application analysis, development, testing, documentation, system acceptance and post migration validation. You must have experience in the design and programming of software from its inception, including UI design.
- You must possess strong judgement, leadership, communication, diplomacy, collaboration and organisational skills.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, being structured and accurate, and have the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- You must be independent and also have the ability and desire to work within a team.
- Have delivery focus and be comfortable with taking accountability.
- You must have a proactive attitude and be willing to make any extra effort required to ensure that the company delivers and maintains its enviable reputation.
- Experience working with the Agile Scrum.
- Relevant technical or business Bachelor Degree or higher is preferred.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 29 November 2022
- RS Components
- London, Corby, Hybrid/Remote
- perm, remote
Senior UX Writer
Closing 29 November 2022
- London / Remote
- perm, remote
Closing 26 November 2022
- Johnson & Johnson
- High Wycombe
Want more Senior UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.