Senior UX Designer
At Vodafone, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it's our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
The Group Design Studio is a global Centre of Excellence providing Group and local markets with strategic design guidance, with a vision to “design digital experiences our customers love”. We strive for experience excellence using the double diamond design methodology & principles. The team collaborates with product, marketing, technology and design to increase value to both our customers and our business.
As a Senior UX Designer, you are an integral part of our design team and an expert practitioner who influences and mentors UX Designers building digital products. You love problem solving, confident to embrace the unknown, and you are able to work cross-functionally in distributed teams. You are part of a dedicated team of specialists committed to producing world-changing products in the technology industry and share our focus on user centred design and a passion for learning and experimenting.
You will support several product development squads designing the future of our app, website, retail and chatbot experiences. You will be responsible for driving consistency and effectiveness between squads as well as endorsing the use of UX Design frameworks and other toolkits. You have experience working in agile teams, driving forward product goals and metrics, building engaging products. You always search for improvements to products and work with the squads to implement them.
You will drive the overall design process across each step of the UX process, including project planning, discovery, user research and analysis, user testing, requirements definition, conceptual design, content planning, interaction planning, and interaction specification and UX standards.
• Work closely with the Team Lead UX Design to define the vision, and design & direct high-quality user interfaces / experiences on behalf of Design Studio.
• Responsible for the design experience working with Product Owners and UX Designers in multiple squads towards product goals, reviewing designs and providing design direction.
• Engages with product and lead markets to define and document user experience requirements that are grounded in technical feasibility.
• Applies user centred and data driven design methodologies to inform the end to end design with requirements, use cases, concept visualisation, prototyping, user research, interaction patterns in the creation of modular design systems.
• Continually looks for ways to improve and optimise ways of working and processes
We would like you to have:
• At least 6+ years’ experience in User Experience, 3 of those in a commercial product and/or service development environment with at least 3 years’ as a UX lead.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to influence and lead thinking up to executive and senior management levels
• Strong and consistent user focus, demonstrated through putting the user and their needs ahead of features and technology. Mentor others in this area.
• Technology grounding - sufficient high-level understanding to allow informed assessment of likely technology and terminals impact on User Experience design. Responsible for watching and reporting trends.
• Strong ability to drive effective cross-functional project delivery in a fast-moving environment.
You Must Have:
• Candidates must have a degree in design, design management, psychology, human-computer interaction or equivalent and an excellent portfolio to demonstrate their UX design skills.
• Experience in using multiple design tools including Sketch, Figma and Invision.
What's in it for you?
• 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5 days) plus public holidays
• Flexible working
• Pension matching scheme of up to 10%
• 5 paid days leave for charity projects
• MyChoices portal - cycle to work scheme, 100’s of retail discounts, shares and salary sacrifice schemes
• Vodafone family and friends discount
• Interest free commuter loan
• Access to Vodafone University and LinkedIn Learning
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Quantitative UX Researcher
Closing 5 February 2022
- £Competitive + Benefits
Closing 6 February 2022
- Sports Direct
Senior UX Writer
Closing 16 January 2022
- Lloyds Banking Group
- £50,130 to 65,490 per annum
Want more Senior UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.