Senior UX Designer
Octopus Group is an award-winning independent B2B marketing agency based in Chancery Lane, London. In February 2021, Octopus joined Publicis Groupe UK to be their B2B centre of excellence, bringing our strategic, creative and commercial acumen to international clients, joining a community of 5,000 people working across 25 agencies. Publicis Groupe’s mantra is “Viva la Difference”, a celebration of the uniqueness of their agencies, all working together to get the best results for their clients.
And that means we’re growing. So we’re looking for great designers, just like you.
For Octopus Group, B2B and technology is our big passion. We take a different approach to B2B and technology marketing, built on the understanding that brands thrive when awareness and sales work together. Our guiding Brand to Sales™ philosophy is about helping our clients link brand reputation to commercial sales success, and brings together multiple expert-led disciplines to help B2B CMOs achieve their goals, building pipeline and brand at once. And the approach works. In 2019, Octopus won the Grand Prix in the B2B Marketing Awards, Drum B2B Awards and 3 PR Week Awards for its work, and regularly features as an industry Best Place to Work.
Recently awarded Campaign’s 7th Best Place to Work 2021, Octopus has a unique family feel where energy, enthusiasm, teamwork and a hunger to succeed are all mixed with a common purpose and a big safety net. Octopus Group is a special place to work and we devote lots of time and thought to keep it that way.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, customer-focused Senior UX Designer to create engaging user experiences and push the limits of what our clients expect. As our first UX evangelist, you will have a huge amount of autonomy and be a hands-on designer. Working with our Creative Director, Head of Development, creative team and the wider agency, you will be responsible for the UX and design across a range of B2B digital products. This is the ideal role for an ambitious and driven individual who enjoys being challenged and taking responsibility.
- You will take a user-centred design approach, and your day-to-day work will cover the full design spectrum, from competitor analysis, discovery of business needs and constraints, user research, scenarios, storyboards and user flows to defining site architecture, wireframing, user testing and design.
- Act as UX advocate for the agency, both internally and externally and taking the lead on all UX projects for the agency.
- Translating user, business and technical requirements into high-quality UI designs, and working with our Head of Digital to communicate your work to our front-end developers.
- Creating and maintaining documentation as required including page layouts, design systems and style guides.
- Work with our Creative Director and Head of Digital to define UX best-practices for our digital work.
- Engage with clients to conduct workshops, research and usability tests.
- Work closely with the studio and project managers to ensure expectations are being met and communicated.
Skills & Experience required:
- You’re currently a Senior UX / Product Designer with a minimum five years’ experience.
- Expertise in the full UXD process from research, storyboards and user journeys to wireframing, testing and design.
- Confident consulting and running workshops with C-Suite client stakeholders and internal teams.
- An impressive portfolio of work demonstrating beautifully designed, responsive digital experiences across desktop and mobile.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills, including the ability to rationalise design decisions and evangelize a user-centred approach clearly and persuasively to stakeholders.
- Able to work across multiple projects and balance priorities, producing high-quality work to tight deadlines.
- Strong design, typography, motion skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient in UI motion design tools (such as Principle).
- Expert knowledge in design and prototyping tools (such as Sketch, InVision, Abstract).
- Expert knowledge of creating and maintaining design systems.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, and enthusiasm for the hard work required to solve creative challenges.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams.
- Confident in working with senior members of staff and executives.
You will report to the Creative Director and work alongside the studio, copy and digital team.
Package designed to attract the right candidate, including our competitive benefits package of 25 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, flexible working, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, free eye tests, new business and employee finder’s fees and lots more.
Everyone should feel at home, at work. At Octopus Group, all employees can be true to their authentic selves. Everyone is empowered to bring what makes us special and unique to the work we do. We are committed to investing in an inclusive culture that maximises the talent, skills, and diversity of our workforce. We strive to ensure that inclusivity and equality are not only at the heart of our company, but also aligned with all the clients and suppliers we work with.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior UX Designer
Closing 22 November 2021
- Wunderman Thompson
Closing 24 November 2021
- perm, from remote
Senior UX Researcher
Closing 21 November 2021
Want more Senior UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.