Senior UX Designer
Eurosport Digital is Discovery's primary drive into the Direct to Consumer business in Europe. It currently comprises two parts; Eurosport.com - the continent's number one sports news website - and Eurosport Player, a leading subscription-based OTT sports platform available across Europe.
The business is in a period of high growth, fueled by investment in rights, marketing, product and content.
Over 30 years, Eurosport has established itself as a household name for sports. Now, Discovery has re-energised Eurosport and is investing heavily in ways that connect fans to the sports they love.
Eurosport produces authentic, premium, and innovative content on linear and digital platforms under a variety of business models. Eurosport combines expertise, passion, and exclusive sports rights to offer high-value programmes and unrivalled coverage to viewers and customers in 99 countries and in 21 languages. Having established itself as the exclusive Home of the Olympic Games in Europe through 2024, there's no better time than now to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure!
Core to Eurosport’s strategy for engaging sports audience is creating intuitive, innovative, and delightful digital products. This role is instrumental to delivering against our digital strategy.
As a Senior UX Designer from a product driven background you will be able to come up with fresh ideas and not be afraid to communicate them. You’ll regularly use empathy, logic and your knowledge of User Experience to inform writing and design choices. Applicants will lead UX efforts for cross-functional and cross-platform projects, working collaboratively and transparently while maintaining high standards regarding best-practice, accessibility standards, etc. in order to influence product vision as part of a multidisciplinary UX Design team.
- Contribute to the strategy for user experience design projects across a full range of online platforms and brands. Ensuring products embrace the values of their audience(s) and the needs of our business.
- Execute experience design solutions for responsive web and mobile apps.
- Communicate openly and transparently with business and technology stakeholders
- Use research, data and work closely with our Insights and Research teams to design products that meet both user and business needs. Evolve experiences to reflect user trends and emerging technologies.
- Validate products and features with users, ensuring experiences are useful and usable by the broadest of audiences in a global context.
- Work within the UXD Team in collaboration with Business, Product and Engineering colleagues to define requirements and deliver innovative solutions through a User Centred Design approach.
- Ensure that the experience design output is viewed as a leading innovator by the media industry and international audiences.
- Ensure the design output is scalable and can support the breadth of their online products and brands.
You will have experience with user-centered design, and come from an agile background with the following experience:
- Expertise of User Centred Design processes.
- Experience in translating audience research and business requirements into effective experience design solutions.
- Experienced in applying UX Research & Testing findings, as well as knowledge of UX Research & Testing best practices - utilising both Qualitative & Quantitative methodologies.
- Solid experience in mobile apps UX design.
- Ability to produce user journeys, flow diagrams, wireframes, sitemaps, functional specifications, guidelines and client facing documentation.
- Ability to visualise experiences through sketches, storyboards, mockups and prototypes.
- Expert user of a wide range of digital tools for conceptualising, designing and prototyping e.g. Axure, UX Testing tools (e.g. UserZoom) Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision, Principle etc.
- Expertise in usability and accessibility including the ability to plan and facilitate usability testing sessions to evaluate designs and identify the needs of our users.
- Expertise in the field of information architecture.
- Experience in working with multiple brands / stake-holders across a range of platforms.
- Experience contributing to the creation/ maintenance of Design Systems.
Ideally you’ll have this too:
- Experience in designing Video on Demand products / OTT services highly valuable.
- Experience in designing Sport / News products highly valuable.
- A deep understanding of how audiences interact with these services across responsive web, mobile and connected TVs/ devices.
- Experience in designing video on demand subscription services.
- Experience of working in a digital media/broadcast company.
- Experience applying UCD processes across multiple platforms/ technologies.
Want more Senior UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.