Senior UX Designer
Octopus Group (octopusgrp.com) is a 60-strong integrated marketing and PR agency based in Farringdon. Technology is our big passion, and we are rapidly becoming known as a category-defining marketing agency for technology brands.
Our proposition is called Brand to Sales, which is about helping our clients link reputation to commercial sales success quickly. It works and we see its success in the campaigns we run for global market leaders like Adecco, Marketo and Unisys and super-growth companies like TribePad, Fuse, Airwallex and Modulr. As a result we are have been recognised in the UK’s 20 leading marketing agencies and the top 10 technology PR agencies - no mean feat.
In our own industry, we’re known for being an Agency of the Future and work hard to stand out from the sometimes drab world of corporate B2B marketing. People are talking about us, the phone is ringing, new clients are coming on board, we’re growing at record pace and, more importantly for you, we’re hiring.
We have a unique family feel here where energy, enthusiasm, teamwork and a hunger to succeed are all mixed with a common purpose and a big safety net. Octopus Group is a special place to work and we spend lots of time and thought in keeping it that way.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, customer-focused Senior UX Designer to create engaging user experiences and push the limits of what our clients expect. As our first UX evangelist, you will have a huge amount of autonomy and be a hands-on designer. Working with our Creative Director, Head of Digital, creative team and the wider agency, you will be responsible for the UX and design across a range of B2B digital products. This is the ideal role for an ambitious and driven individual who enjoys being challenged and taking responsibility.
- You will take a user-centred design approach, and your day-to-day work will cover the full design spectrum, from competitor analysis, discovery of business needs and constraints, user research, scenarios, storyboards and user flows to defining site architecture, wireframing, user testing and design.
- Act as UX advocate for the agency, both internally and externally and taking the lead on all UX projects for the agency.
- Translating user, business and technical requirements into high-quality UI designs, and working with our Head of Digital to communicate your work to our front-end developers.
- Creating and maintaining documentation as required including page layouts, design systems and style guides.
- Work with our Creative Director and Head of Digital to define UX best-practices for our digital work.
- Engage with clients to conduct workshops, research and usability tests.
- Work closely with the studio and project managers to ensure expectations are being met and communicated.
Skills & Experience required:
- You’re currently a Senior UX / Product Designer with a minimum five years’ experience.
- Expertise in the full UXD process from research, storyboards and user journeys to wireframing, testing and design.
- Confident consulting and running workshops with C-Suite client stakeholders and internal teams.
- An impressive portfolio of work demonstrating beautifully designed, responsive digital experiences across desktop and mobile.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills, including the ability to rationalise design decisions and evangelize a user-centred approach clearly and persuasively to stakeholders.
- Able to work across multiple projects and balance priorities, producing high-quality work to tight deadlines.
- Strong design, typography, motion skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient in UI motion design tools (such as Principle).
- Expert knowledge in design and prototyping tools (such as Sketch, InVision, Abstract).
- Expert knowledge of creating and maintaining design systems.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, and enthusiasm for the hard work required to solve creative challenges.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams.
- Confident in working with senior members of staff and executives
You will report to the Creative Director and work alongside the studio, copy and digital team.
Experience Designer/Product Designer
Closing 19 December 2020
- £Competitive plus benefits
Senior UX Designer
Closing 8 December 2020
- Manchester and Newcastle
Want more Senior UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.