Senior UX Designer
Amazon Payment Products is looking for a highly motivated, customer-focused Senior UX designer to drive engaging user experiences and push the limits of what customers expect, for a brand new, global program. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to own development of the end-to-end user experience for a high-visibility, innovative, global program, from the ground up.
You are a senior designer with 8+ years of experience working on real products that people use every day. You are an organized self-starter that can deal with ambiguity and are always on the lookout for ways to improve the customer experience. You are an excellent collaborator and have no problem presenting–and defending–your ideas to other designers, product managers, and company leaders. You understand the value of user testing and prototyping, and thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. Above all you are passionate about solving real problems for real people through research, design, and iteration.
You will work with product and technical teams to create interfaces that are attractive, useful, usable and scalable. You will lead and use direct customer research, market analysis, feedback, site metrics, and usability findings to tailor your designs to the customer in order to best solve their problems. You will be responsible for developing your ideas from concept to completion, presenting them to stakeholders for approval, and working directly with developers to bring them to life.
We are a rapidly expanding team within Amazon focused on creating the best customer-facing experiences for the collection, organization, and enjoyment of personal data and content. We have big ideas, and are willing to take risks in order to realize them. We are small enough to move quickly while enjoying the stability that comes with being an industry leader. We tackle modern, complex problems in innovative ways and create software that improves people’s lives.
The successful candidate will:
· A stellar portfolio of work demonstrating mastery in creating effective user-centered design solutions with measurable results.
· Superior communication skills; ability to listen, present, and sell through ideas.
· Self-starter with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for the hard work required to solve creative challenges preferred.
· Ability to create interactive experiences with prototyping software or by hand.
· Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology.
· Strong understanding of user research methodologies and practices.
· Working knowledge of User Centered Design Principles and Practice.
· Proven mastery of working within a cross-team environment.
· Strong ability to synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, product management, and engineering.
· Proven experience designing for consumer focused financial services/fintech related industries
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, gender identification, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.
Junior Product Designer
Closing 26 May 2020
Part-Time Print and Textile Design Studio Intern
Closing 30 April 2020
- Paul Smith
- temp, part time
Want more Senior UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.