Senior UX Designer
Working across Premier Inn, Hub, and our other hotel brands and restaurants, you will promote the customer, with close consideration to ongoing business objectives. We work in an inclusive environment, based in Holborn, London. With a collaborative feel, the digital team is co-located, including engineers, designers, product, delivery, content, Q/A, marketing and brand specialists. There are many interesting design challenges and a great work culture.
Whitbread places a high value on having a positive impact on the world around us. Be it through sustainability programs or youth employment initiatives, we aim to dedicate considerable amounts of group and individual time towards doing good.
What you will be doing:
Collaboration is important: as a facilitator of design thinking across the digital function, you will support the user experience team. This means bringing other stakeholders together. Working upstream to solve problems, and help form briefs, while ensuring that design discovery phases are factored in (planned in) and structured.
- Inclusive - lead your workstream, with constant and consistent check-ins with the Lead UX Designer.
- Bring to the table - expert design thinking and execution, while facilitating other ideas, so others are involved.
- Accountable for the quality of interaction design output, in line with the overall CX vision.
- Ensuring design solutions are driven by evidence from both qualitative and quantitative sources.
- Hands on driving ideation workshops (sketch facilitator).
- Supporting product to define the brief (needs).
- Prototyping where/when necessary or engaging tech to support with early concept builds.
- Supporting the inhouse digital user research team.
- Design cycles - Involved with planning and retrospective team sessions.
- Driving UX focused activities across multiple projects (web & app).
What we are looking for:
- Proven expertise as a UX Designer, working in a commercial/digital B2C organisation.
(digital ecommerce, across sectors such as telco, hospitality, retail).
- Produces consistent high-quality outcomes.
- Production of Interaction Design - wireframes, sketches, prototypes, including responsive web, system and app (multichannel). Examples and an in-depth design portfolio are paramount.
- Experience working in a collaborative agile, co-located team environment.
- Expert level skills using design software including Sketch app, axure RP.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, cross functional team where attention to detail is important, as well as great communication and organisational skills.
- Able to prioritise work, showcase completed design, take on feedback from a variety of stakeholders (including your team) in a calm, positive, professional manner. Confident challenging ideas/decisions, where appropriate.
- Understanding of commercial KPIs and the interlinkage with user metrics (design constraints).
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Senior Product Designer, Content Platform
Closing 19 September 2019
Social Media Designer (12 Month FTC)
Closing 19 September 2019
- perm, temp
Want more Senior UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.