Senior UX Designer
About the role:
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior UX designer to help lead the discovery and design of amazing fulfilment and payment experiences, having a positive and tangible impact on millions of customers.
As we’ve all learned over the past few years, ensuring people have easy access to food can’t be taken for granted. You’ll be responsible for discovering opportunities and crafting intuitive and effortless solutions that give customers their shopping whenever and wherever they want it.
About your team:
Our vision at Tesco is to offer customers Britain’s easiest shopping trip, whether they are shopping in-store or getting a delivery to their home (or wherever they might be).
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, great work/life balance, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
You will be responsible for:
- Improve the fulfilment and payment experience. You’ll own projects from start to finish, while leading various UX initiatives including running design sprints, discovery, sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and service/customer mapping
- Partner with UX researchers to help your team develop empathy for our customers and advocate for their needs. Qualitative and quantitative data will be just some of the methods you will use to help inform your work
- Deliver valuable, high-quality and consistent work without sacrificing speed by using our Digital Design System and its standardised foundations, components and patterns
- Collaborate with different disciplines. You will work closely with UI designers, UX researchers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, and business stakeholders to explore, build and deliver your designs.
- You will help other disciplines understand the value design can bring to a project and ultimately build the best products
- Provide feedback to other designers to help strengthen your team and Tesco as a whole. You will help your teammates build context, strong decision-making skills, and empathy for our customers
- Line manage other UX designers and help them with the learning and development
- Work with the design lead and other seniors to cultivate a positive, supportive and inclusive team culture
You will need:
- 5+ years commercial UX design experience
- A strong, well-curated portfolio demonstrating your expertise
- Prior involvement in high-profile design projects in a commercial environment
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design)
- A good understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, journey mapping, wire-framing, prototyping, and user testing to achieve human-centred design solutions
- Proficiency in interaction design for native mobile and web applications
- Experience collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product and engineering
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Miro, etc.
Our office application process varies depending on the role and the level of experience needed.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior UX Researcher
Closing 21 November 2021
Senior UX Designer
Closing 22 November 2021
- Wunderman Thompson
Closing 24 November 2021
- perm, from remote
Want more Senior UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.