Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer (w/m/x).
Location: Hamburg or Munich.
Welcome to the team of IBM Services! As one of the world's leading technology consultancies, we are the smart evolutionary leader that is taking companies in all industries to a new digital age. We accompany the implementation of future technologies and open up completely new ways of cooperation for our customers: between humans and humans as well as between humans and machines. What does that mean for you? A variety of agile projects and best development opportunities with a global player who appreciates your creativity and individuality, who unleashes your potential and turns your professional life into an enthralling success story.
Where does your way lead you? Our studios are part of IBM iX, IBM iX is ranked by Forrester and Ad Age among the top 10 digital agencies in the world. In addition to Hamburg, Berlin and Düsseldorf, the European iX Studio network also includes London, Paris and Milan. As design studios, we are also part of IBM Design - the world's largest design unit of a company. Our core is the design of the user experience in digital projects for our customers in order to jointly promote their digital transformation. We accompany them holistically through strategy, conception, design and development.
As Senior User Experience DesignerYou accompany our customers with a lot of positive energy from strategic consideration to successful implementation. You are responsible for people-centered concepts and an important part of our interdisciplinary team. You work side by side with our UI designers, developers and business consultants, and work closely with the user experience team.
Your responsibility is the design and communication of the entire user experience for our customers and their users. For this you use different methods and types of results, for example Design Thinking, studies with users (user research), concept documents, taxonomies and interactive prototypes.
You independently act in projects of various sizes, in which you get to know an exciting range of customer profiles and industries. You not only work directly with our customers, but also with the iXteams of other IBM design studios. In these projects, you are able, as a subproject leader, to jointly define the content direction with the customer and, together with the visual design and the frontend developers, transform this into a great user experience.
Your continuous development is very important to us: We offer you the opportunity to expand and deepen your experience with professional training. You can expect attractive career prospects, flat hierarchies in the team and a high degree of personal responsibility. Of course, you get all the tools you need as an IBM UX Designer.
In addition you expect:
• Performance-based payment.
• Attractive additional benefits, such as company car, old-age provision and company health management ("GesundheitsTicket").
• Mentoring and targeted training in new topics.
• An environment where growth and new ideas are desired.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced UX designer who understands how people think and is able to turn that knowledge into successful products and services. A designer who can reconcile functionality and aesthetics, understand the thoughts, emotions and needs of consumers, customers or employees of a company and turn them into a consistent user experience strategy.
You work independently and self-organized, but you are also a team player. You define and meet high quality standards for your work and already have experience working in multidisciplinary teams.
You can independently manage time and project scope and work on tasks even in fast development cycles (agile procedure).
You are self-confident in your approach to customers and able to independently run workshops.
You can also support junior UX colleagues and develop with your own experience.
You call yourself a down-to-earth and strong personality? And you look forward to the collegial and uncomplicated cooperation in international teams? Then shape your future at IBM Services and share your resume and portfolio with us.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
• At least 5 years experience in UX design methodology, in developing customer experience strategies and in working with interdisciplinary teams.
• At least 4 years experience in web technologies and relevant prototyping tools, eg Axure, Sketch, Invision, Adobe XD etc.
• German and English: fluent.
• Willingness to travel and the willingness to work together with our customers on site.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience:
Desirable work experience:
• 2 years of experience with design frameworks and development models eg agile/interative or design thinking.
• Experience in strategy projects or business design.
• Experience in Business Analysis.
• Experience in projects for web and mobile applications.
• Experience with AI or voice based systems, Conversational Design or similar.
• Good sense of writing and basic understanding of visual design and typography.
• Basic understanding of web programming (HTML, CSS, JS).
• At least 2 years working in a design agency or similar product development.
• Basic knowledge of design tools, eg Illustrator or Photoshop.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will seek consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is therefore committed to compliance with all fair employment practices and citizenship and immigration status.
Designer-jackets Outdoor (M/f/d)
Closing 15 June 2019
- €20,000 to 30,000 p/a
VP Design (M/f/d)
Closing 15 June 2019
- €20,000 to 30,000 p/a
Want more Senior UX Designer jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.