Senior UX Designer for Salmon
Senior UX Designer required to our team of passionate and creative UI Designers, UX Designers, Content Producers, and Insight Analysts.
This role is ideal for an ambitious UX Designer who wants to work with leaders in different industries as part of a collaborative, supportive and creative team. We work with the biggest brands across multiple industries such as Akzo Nobel, DFS, Halfords, Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Staples, Ted Baker, Xerox and YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP
This role will put you at the centre of addressing big questions that our society is currently facing. We are, right now, shaping a multitude of industries, designing new experiences, new services. In order for us to keep up our high standards we require an additional UX consultant who shares the same passion and values.
The role of a UX Consultant at Salmon:
- You will Produce scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs.
- You will communicate, defend, and build consensus around the desired interaction design direction
- You must understand how to utilise customer and user research to drive design decisions
- You will be required to work closely with stakeholders, fellow designers, program managers, and developers
- It is important you can clearly and persuasively communicate and present concepts and solutions
- You will also help facilitate and manage in-house usability testing sessions
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and find new ways of doing things. A team player who is proud of your work and wants to share with everyone! You like working in a fast paced environment and are driven by the desire to improve the online purchasing experience for everyone, no matter what they are buying and from where!
You will be client focused and be willing to be flexible when required to make them happy, including working at client locations.
What we want from you:
- Extensive experience as a UX Designer, ideally in an agency
- Solid information, interaction, and experience design skills.
- Expertise creating a variety of interaction design documents including user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, and annotated wireframes
- Experience of providing usability guidance on transactional websites.
- Ability to work on several projects at any one time and autonomously manage own workload effectively
- Possess ability to think conceptually about design and information architecture
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future developments.
- Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, and other deliverables.
If you know some of this even better!
- Experience in developing and conducting a variety of both qualitative and quantitative research including ethnographic research, contextual inquiries, guided explorations, and usability testing.
- A working knowledge of Axure and Omnigraffle (and the ability to demonstrate this) would be extremely advantageous.
Salmon is an award-winning global digital eCommerce consultancy with operations in London, Amsterdam, Beijing, Melbourne and New Delhi. We’re part of the global WPP group and Wunderman Commerce.
Our aim is to define, design and deliver dynamic, high performance, state-of-the-art eCommerce sites for the world’s leading brands. We work for some of the best… Audi UK, Akzo Nobel, DFS, Halfords, Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Staples, Ted Baker, Xerox and YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP.
Our Salmon DNA is what pulls us all together. We want to make our client happy. Our reputation is based on having the best people in the business, who are honest and straight talking and really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about the innovative approach we take in everything we do and we are proud of what our teams achieve. We show respect for all and trust and empower our people and we won’t settle for second best!
As our business grows, so we need to find new people who share our values, work ethic and DNA. We especially want to encourage more Women to join us and take a key role in shaping and moulding some of the best eCommerce sites in the world.
Product Designer, UI & UX
Closing 12 March 2019
- cv channel
- £450 to 500 /day
Mid-Senior UI/UX Designer - Guildford
Closing 7 March 2019
- £32,000 to 45,000 p/a
Want more Senior UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Designer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.