Senior UX Designer - The Telegraph
Senior UX Designer
The Telegraph’s mission is to deliver quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day and across all the platforms our customers use – digital and print.
Our portfolio includes The Telegraph website and app, The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph print titles and The Telegraph Edition app.
Recently named as the UK’s leading quality news brand, our digital content reaches more than 27 million users across the UK (UKOM MMX MP).
The Telegraph are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join the team, working to design a best in class editorial and e-commerce experience.
You’ll be responsible for researching and designing best in class experiences for The Telegraph. Working across different projects large and small, you’ll be an integral part of a collaborative, multidisciplinary team working in a fun and fast paced environment.
You’ll need exceptional problem solving skills, strong design instincts, well-articulated thoughts & opinions, and the ability to design with the audience at the heart of all you do. You must be proactive, adaptable and be able to succeed within an open and collaborative environment.
- Designing the future of how The Telegraph presents, and monitises, some of its most valuable content. You’ll be ambitious in your thinking and open in your approach, whilst being able to create something that’s highly usable
- Working across the full user experience lifecycle of our products and initiatives, including optimisation and innovation with new features. You’ll do this by being data informed and using hypothesis and insight led design and research techniques.
- Working collaboratively with teams made up of product managers, UX designers, prototypers, researchers & developers, to deliver world-class products through research, validation, superb execution and iterative releases.
- Conceiving and communicating your ideas through a range of fidelities and artefacts, from sketches, to wireframes, to presentations and prototypes
- Helping shape project approaches / plans.
- Developing a strategic understanding for The Telegraph to allow you to input into product roadmaps, proactively suggest new projects and prioritise features based on user, editorial & commercial needs.
- Helping raise the profile of The Telegraph Product Design team – blogging, attending events, giving talks or taking part in conferences.
- Staying abreast of industry changes and best practice in digital design and communicate this to the team.
Things we need from you:
- A strong toolkit of UX design skills.
- Previous experience in a UX, product or digital design role. A mix of in house (client-side) and agency experience would be welcome
- A passion for UX & product design and industry developments
- A good knowledge of design software, such as Axure and Sketch
- Experience working in design work streams within Agile
- Strong organisational, communication and teamwork skills
- The ability to be a persuasive and a confident speaker – holding the knowledge and gravitas to influence and sell your ideas to other team members and stakeholders.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- A solid understanding of the different behaviour, capabilities & limitations across different devices and emerging technologies
- A solid understanding of consumer decision journeys across different demographics
- Ability to balance business priorities, technical requirements and user needs to create the best possible product.
It would be great if you have some of these, but it's not essential:
- Previous e-commerce experience
- Previous client-side experience
- Previous experience working with well known, and/or large brands
What we give back:
- Fast paced and varied projects – no two days are the same
- The opportunity to work with high-profile partners such as Google and Apple
- A sociable, inclusive and ambitious team
- The opportunity, support and encouragement to learn new skills – from technical expertise, to management
- A full range of fantastic benefits including 25 days holiday per annum, childcare vouchers, enhanced maternity leave, private medical insurance and an onsite gym (with yoga classes and masseurs!)
- A flexible attitude to working, as agreed with your manager
Designer - Argos
Closing 6 July 2018
- Milton Keynes
Senior Designer - Argos
Closing 6 July 2018
- Milton Keynes
Want more Senior UX Designer - The Telegraph jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.