Senior UX Designer, Innovation Lab: Sports and Healthcare
Do you constantly challenge the status quo and look for better solutions? Are you into the lean start-up mentality and want to combine your imagination and creativity to real-world solutions? Are you passionate about designing for humans?
As the Sr UX Designer in the Innovation Lab, you will collaboratively apply human-centric design throughout the product development lifecycle with, developers, product managers, and executives.
You will be part of a team inventing the future for our Proserve customers using the incredible breadth and depth of AWS offerings. You will work on web, mobile, iOT, ML and more all helping our customers innovate and create new products and services.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented UI/UX designers with hands-on design experience. Not only will you collaborate on designing the MLP, but you'll help design an entire solution from pre-prototyping, pilot and all the way to production applications/products alongside customers.
· Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment. Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
· Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
· Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
· Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
· Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
· Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
· Ability to communicate rationale behind choices centered around the design decisions.
The Innovation Lab is comprised of 2 small cross-functional teams that will work on strategic Innovation Advisory initiatives providing targeted product development capabilities. These teams will work on customer problems, creating net new products utilizing the wide-breadth of AWS product and technical solutions.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
You'll be part of an organization that believes in mentorship. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 7 + years of industry experience as a designer, interaction designer, information designer, or similar design role
· Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Design or related creative field
· A portfolio of design work
· Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process.
· Background in or passion for the Sports or Healthcare industry, including building unique product and services.
· Experience learning and harnessing new technologies quickly
· Expertise with design tools, such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, etc.
· Knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Experience utilizing communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively to and with a multidisciplinary team
· Experience creating services and applications with multiple user touch points on different platforms and devices.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
LOCATION: This role can be located virtually.
TRAVEL: There will be up to 40% travel with this role post COVID restrictions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation
Want more Senior UX Designer, Innovation Lab: Sports and Healthcare jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.