Senior UX Designer (IXD), NX design, NASBO
Samsung Visual Display NX team (Next eXperience) at SEA (Samsung Electronics America) is a new product team that designs and implements user experience for high-profile, consumer electronics product lines, from core Samsung TV shipping products like Q Series and the Frame TV, to the future of Business, Home & Lifestyles family of digital appliances and services. The products and services we design offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated technologies at a global scale worldwide.
As a Senior UX Designer in NPP design team, you will work with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and support design work for innovative consumer products. Day to day tasks will include user needs analysis, defining information architecture, developing detail level work flows and wireframes. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Develop workflows, user task analysis, interaction flows, wireframes, mock-ups, navigational flows, and low fidelity prototypes.
• Transform strategic direction into high quality design output from total systems to individual elements.
• Contribute to product strategy discussion and develop concepts aligned with product goals and strategy.
• articulate the design thinking with strong rationale, based on market trends and usage data.
• Develop high-level creative concepts for projects; help to refine and further develop these concepts into complete, functional design systems.
• Define user model and user interface for mobile devices and align them with other devices including televisions, audio devices, and appliances.
• Partner with Visual and Motion Designers to conceptualize, design, build, and extend user experiences.
• Work with UX researchers to design and observe user studies and translate research findings into insights and design improvements.
• Create and present design solutions and strategies that bring the user story to life for a wide audience, including cross-functional teams.
• Apply the best design aesthetics under tight deadlines, while effectively balancing between business needs and customer benefit.
• Contribute to Samsung VD (visual display) design language and promote design thinking throughout the team. Develop and champion guidelines, standards, and user-centered design processes.
• Gauge the desirability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change.
• Maintain cultural awareness of the design landscape with respect to current and future trends.
• Provide mentorship for junior level designer(s) in the team.
Skills and Qualifications:
• 7+ years of demonstrable experience in designing usable software experiences in an agile, startup-like product development environment.
• Strong portfolio that demonstrates systems thinking and core skills across a variety of categories and formats.
• Solid formal academic background in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or related field, or commensurate work experience; advanced degree is a plus.
• Fluency with common design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote, Sketch) for the creation of visual design artifacts and presentations.
• Agility in creating digital sketches/prototypes from lo-fi to hi-fi, to help design thinking process as well as communicate concepts to team members.
• Diverse project experience in concept ideation, UI concepting/wireframing, design strategy, and working across multiple form factors.
• Eloquent verbal/written communication and storytelling skills, with the ability to successfully articulate design concepts to your team and stakeholders.
• Ability to think strategically and translate brand, service and product requirements into holistic systems that effectively communicate.
• An understanding of iterative prototyping as an essential part of the design process.
• Strong skills in mediating and resolving competing requirements and designs.
• Solid design experience for consumer electronics devices. 10ft UI design experience is a plus, but not absolutely required.
• Openness to critique from various partners and curiosity to learn from a spectrum of perspectives.
• High comfort level in working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity.
• Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced deadlines.
• A passion for creating designs which are simple, elegant and useful as well as beautiful, approachable and playful.
• A strong point of view with a healthy dose of humility.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Product Designer - Consumer Products
Closing 19 November 2019
- New York
3D Artist, UI
Closing 15 November 2019
- Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Santa Monica
Want more Senior UX Designer (IXD), NX design, NASBO jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.