Senior UX Designer - Elsevier Website
About the Team:
Our UX team works closely with tech and product squads in Elsevier, providing design thinking, a human-centric approach, and the expertise to imagine and deliver great digital experiences. We look after a wide portfolio of products including the corporate website, the stores, and the enterprise tools for performance and data monitoring.
Our mission is to understand our customers in science and health, create for them the best path to information and design environments to serve their purpose.
About the Role:
As Senior UX Designer, you will work closely with other Designers in the UX team and with the NextGen cross-functional teams to help shape the future of the flagship Elsevier website. You will support the design strategy for the evolution of the Elsevier websites and play a key role defining the best experience for researchers, organizations, and health professionals worldwide.
You are an expert user of multiple design tools, a mentor for others in the business, and lead the presentation of design to stakeholders. You can informally lead cross-functional team members and represent UX in product strategy meetings. Usability and inclusive design principles are part of your process.
- Mature a solid understanding of customer use cases.
- Advocate for customers’ needs with the cross-functional team.
- Demonstrate energy and vision to see through innovative ideas.
- Propose design solutions that are guided by users’ data and recognize contribution from others.
- Iterate on designs at different levels of fidelity and test solutions to check they solve the right problem.
- Create and manage deliverables for the project including design assets, design patterns and style guides which reflect user needs and company brand.
- Facilitate the adoption and use of cross-product style guides to support design strategy.
- Partner closely with Business, Product and Engineering while staying connected with UX community and team.
- Produce designs across all relevant platforms and take the lead in helping the team establish key metrics for projects.
- Solid design process reflected in UX/UI design portfolio. Experience creating UI design patterns, and product processes that adapt to customer needs.
- Excellent interaction design skills, demonstrable understanding of information architecture, usability and inclusive design principles.
- Ability to produce and communicate user journeys and flows that teams can use to advance the conversation and the creative process.
- Enjoys collaborating with technology, product, and other key stakeholders such as content managers to come up with new ideas and solve product challenges.
- Comfortable creating wireframes, prototypes, design concepts, style guides, design patterns, and high-resolution artefacts to be used in final implementation, liaising with other UX designers to produce a consistent experience.
- Proficient using design and prototyping software (e.g., Miro, Figma, Adobe).
- Desire to be part of a collaborative team with a creative, positive human-centred approach.
Work in a way that works for you:
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive.
Working with us:
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you:
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career.
These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days.
- Health screening, eye care vouchers and private medical benefits.
- Wellbeing programs.
- Life assurance.
- Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme.
- Long service awards.
- Save As You Earn share option scheme.
- Travel Season ticket loan.
- Maternity, paternity and shared parental leave.
- Access to emergency care for both the elderly and children.
- RECARES days, giving you time to support the charities and causes that matter to you.
- Access to employee resource groups with dedicated time to volunteer.
- Access to extensive learning and development resources.
- Access to employee discounts via Perks at Work.
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s.
grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please get in touch with us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior UX/UI Designer
Closing 27 March 2023
- RELX Group
UX / UI Lead - Mobile App
Closing 5 February 2023
- TUI Group
- Luton, London
Closing 4 April 2023
- Siemens plc
Want more Senior UX Designer - Elsevier Website jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.