Senior UX Copywriter (12-Month FTC)
Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
“The UX copywriting team carefully scrutinise and contemplate each and every word our customers interact with on their TV screens and apps – and then we craft new solutions to make those products and services even better for them. From transforming the future of video content across TV, consoles, mobile and web, to launching innovative new TV and app products globally, we place the customer experience at the heart of every copy decision we make.”
We understand that some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. But if you're excited about joining us and think you’d be a great fit we'd love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- From the discovery phase through to delivery, you’ll be responsible for owning the UX copy on the TV interface projects you’ll work on
- Working closely with the Design and TV Products teams, you’ll demonstrate an ability to come up with innovative ideas, solve problems creatively and shape these into clear, inclusive and meaningful copy solutions that centre around customer needs
- You’ll get involved and drive customer research so you can make insight-driven copy decisions
- With help from our Design Ops team, you’ll maintain an efficient copy delivery process and be able to provide regular updates to stakeholders whilst delivering to schedule
- The need to constantly evolve or create new customer experiences will always be at the forefront of everything you do, and with the support of the UX Copy team you’ll continuously learn and develop your skills to make this happen
- You’ll help the team to champion the value of UX copy practices across the wider business, plus contribute to keeping the digital lexicon and style guide up to date
- Act as a mentor to and share knowledge with the team – by staying on top of wider design and technology trends, you’ll help to shape our always-evolving UX writing approach whilst championing inclusive design
What you’ll bring:
- Over 5 years’ experience in writing and refining content for a consumer-facing digital product, service, website or app. This could be as a UX writer, content designer or content strategist, but if you have other writing or UX experience that suits this role, we'd love to hear from you
- A portfolio of work that shows how you work with others, your thought process and, of course, examples of your UX writing skills
- Excellent written and creativity skills – you need to believe in the power of words, know their rules, but also know when you should break them
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills to clearly convey copy decisions to different delivery skillsets
- The ability to consistently uphold the UX Copy team’s principles, style guide and templates, and to balance these with Sky’s brand guidelines and product KPIs
- Solid understanding of how to adapt tone of voice for different customer journeys
- Strong attention-to-detail to devise clear, simple and consistent customer experiences
- The ability to work on multiple projects at a time – you’ll be a proactive team player who can self-direct to meet tight delivery deadlines
- A desire to design for all with your inclusive design approach
- A willingness to get stuck in with our close-knit team who enjoy debating when to use an en dash and when to use an em dash, but also enjoy getting together over team lunches and socials
Not essential but preferred:
- A qualification in English, anthropology, communications, journalism, technical writing, publishing, marketing, advertising or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Knowledge of how to write screen reader scripts
- An understanding of content localisation best practices
- Background in writing user interface copy for TV
- Proficiency with tools/software such as Figma, Miro, Asana and Confluence
Not essential but desirable:
- Written proficiency in German and/or Italian
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Graphic Designer with Digital Experience Manager - Accenture Creative
Closing 31 January 2023
Senior Product Designer
Closing 7 February 2023
- JPMorgan Chase
User Experience Designer (Web) - Chase
Closing 7 February 2023
- JPMorgan Chase
Want more Senior UX Copywriter (12-Month FTC) jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.