Senior UI/UX Designer
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
We are a part of IBMs global Chief Information Office responsible for building applications and solving problems for IBM’s 300,000 software sales and 20,000 Business Partners around the globe. Our vision is to become a world class delivery organisation and deliver business value at speed.
Our objective is to build a cloud-based system to provide independent, stable, high data quality, high performance, and scalable platform for IBM to sell software.
As an IBM designer you’ll be a creative problem solver who work using the latest techniques to craft intuitive user experiences. You will work with new formed development teams and will enjoy getting to the root of our clients’ business requirements and collaborating with our teams to build first class solutions.
Who you are:
We are recruiting for a talented senior UI/UX designer looking to join a cross-functional Agile team primarily based in London. You have a growth mindset and often take initiative to improve something that you see isn’t working well for your team. You are enthusiastic about design and looking to advance in your career by taking on new and complex UX challenges. You constructively contribute to design critiques and enjoy working as a team to improve the outcomes. Last but not least, you are able to articulately present your designs and speak to the value of their ingenuity. Sound like you? Keep reading.
This role provides the unique opportunity to put your own stamp on the UX-UI Design initiative in these newly formed Development Squads in London. You will lead the design of a local project in addition to consulting on projects with other IBM development teams around the globe.
When considering your past experience, this is what we’ll be looking for:
- A motivated and productive senior designer with a real passion for creative, user-centered outcomes.
- A portfolio of high-quality UI/UX work shared as part of this application.
- Deep understanding of UX practices and methodologies.
- Strong visual design expertise.
- Experience leading the design direction of a product or website.
- Knowledge of Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience applying branding concepts and methodologies.
- Ability to design responsively & for mobile optimisation.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
These are the interpersonal skills that we believe will bring success in the role:
- Experience working and negotiating with team members and clients.
- Collaboration skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Motivation to address the underlying problem and question any assumptions.
- Planning, organisational, and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise own workload.
Also, we would be impressed to see evidence of your:
- Understanding of user testing techniques and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Design Thinking practices.
- Experience working in cross-discipline agile teams.
- Experience collaborating with colleagues who are overseas.
- Background in building and executing upon communications plans.
Want more Senior UI/UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.