Senior UI/UX Designer
The Samsung Mobile UX team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior User Interface Designer with a background in UX design. The candidate should be responsible for developing industry leading solutions for an optimized customer experience. This role will develop prototypes for advanced concept consideration and support HQ and SEA in coordinating efforts with customers in order to prepare solutions for real market product manufacturability. This role will also develop reports to communicate industry trends, best practices, and proposed strategies for executive, HQ, and SEA review. Works independently, and considered a seasoned and experienced professional with adequate understanding of own job area. Determines approach to work, and is monitored/supervised based more on milestone basis, and at key deliverable junctures.
Assist and create solutions for improving the customer experience within the framework of each project objective. Assist and develop engaging, attractive, innovative, and easy-to-use proposals for accomplishing tasks in the arena of user interfaces. Fulfill role of proposing new and innovative solutions through the development of prototypes. Utilize special tools and software necessary in order to simulate the experience of advanced concept proposals for executive management and customer reviews. Continuously study and communicate to HQ the requirements of our customers in order to effectively modify Samsung's user interface to meet guidelines. Communicate and coordinate objectives, processes, and desired results with both HQ and Samsung representatives. Complete modifications to specification as agreed upon in order to fulfill results of manufacturability. Evaluate, study, and strategize in order to deliver intelligence reports to HQ and executive management partners. Use innovative methods in order to engage, persuade, and clearly communicate information in reports.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing UX of competing mobile devices as well as market trends in mobile UX and develop industry leading solutions for an optimized customer experience for Samsung’s mobile devices.
- Develop prototypes for advanced concept consideration and support HQ in coordinating efforts with customers in order to prepare solutions for real market product manufacturability.
- Assist and create solutions for improving the customer experience within the framework of each project objective and propose new and innovative solutions through the development of prototypes using Samsung’s global guideline and standards.
- Assist and develop engaging, attractive, innovative, and easy-to-use proposals for accomplishing tasks in the area of user interfaces.
- Utilize special tools and software necessary in order to simulate the experience of advanced concept proposals for executive management and customer reviews.
- Study and communicate to HQ the requirements of our customers in order to effectively modify company’s user interface to meet guidelines.
- Communicate and coordinate objectives, processes, and desired results with both HQ and company representatives.
- Evaluate, study, and strategize in order to deliver reports to communicate industry trends, best practices, and proposed strategies for HQ and executive management partners.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree preferred in Advertising, Industrial Design, Communications Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field.
- 5 years of post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or related occupation involving mobile interaction design and UX design.
- Demonstration or portfolio demonstrated experience through portfolio presentation of created mobile interaction designs required.
- Deep knowledge of application architecture basic concepts, software design process, and UI/GUI design deliverables.
- Working knowledge of usability testing using AB testing, FGI, online survey and qualitative and quantitative research.
- Experience working with large organizations and cross-functional project teams reporting to multiple stakeholders including Product Management, R&D, and Business partners.
- Strong time and project management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience overseeing multiple projects within interdisciplinary teams and proven experience driving deliverables within a multi-location team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in in Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with upper management to oversee visual team’s scope and direction of each project milestones.
- Knowledge/experience in working with graphic design, wire framing and issue management tools: Adobe Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Visio, Balsamiq, Axure, PLM, ALM, JIRA, or other related tools.
Skills and Qualifications:
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Closing 12 December 2019
- Santa Clara Valley
UX Design Manager
Closing 4 December 2019
- San Francisco
Want more Senior UI/UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.