Senior UI Designer
We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
“The new products team is a multidisciplinary team of creatives, designers and engineers working on new and exciting product experiences across Sky.”
What you'll do:
- Support the Team in shaping the day-to-day delivery and forward-looking UI direction for Sky’s TV products, ensuring it’s in line with wider product and brand strategy and constantly breaking new ground
- Demonstrate a knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design, UI and technology trends
- Help to maintain an efficient design delivery process, through regular clear communication with delivery teams and consistently delivering to schedule
- Collaborate with design and development teams to create new experiences and evolve patterns
- Work collaboratively with UX to user test flows and new UI designs. Analyse data and review designs appropriately
- Work with stakeholder groups both within and outside the New Products team at product owner, and senior management level
What you'll bring:
- Extensive product and design experience with a specific focus on UI Design. You’re as obsessed with the finer detail as with the creative vision. Striving to deliver pixel perfect designs
- A solid understanding of visual and user-centred design, and how design can meet brand, business, and strategic objectives
- Excellent storytelling and ability to showcase your work within the team and companywide stakeholders
- Experience working with Mixed Reality interfaces, a keen interest in current trends in design and the ability to turn them in to cutting edge realities
- Strong background in gathering business requirements and translating sometimes contending business objectives into designs which meet customer needs
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and working in a 0 to 1 product environment
- Proficient with the latest tools and software such as Figma + strong prototyping and interaction design experience
- Experience designing for TV is a plus
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Digital Designer - 6 month FTC
Closing 16 May 2023
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
Senior Interaction Designer - 12 Months FTC
Closing 17 May 2023
- Virgin Media
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
UX Designer - Loyalty & Support
Closing 14 April 2023
- Farringdon / Hybrid
Want more Senior UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.