Senior UI Designer
About the role:
We are looking for a talented senior UI designer to help support Tesco online groceries. You’ll be working on a diverse set of products and features, collaborating with UX designers, product and engineering to deliver beautifully crafters solutions.
We are a user experience design team who create relevant, inclusive products to improve our customers’ lives and achieve business goals.
The team supports all of Tesco’s customers and store colleagues, whether it’s designing the next generation of self-service tills, optimising store processes, or supporting our drive to offer customers a truly omni-channel experience.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return your work will make a tangible impact on millions of customers, and we offer an amazingly talented team, great work/life balance, and significant learning and career development opportunities.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with our multidisciplinary team to define and implement innovative solutions for service and product visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final handoff
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design solutions
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of customer needs and use this knowledge to inform and support product development
- Present and support your designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and senior level stakeholders
- Produce design executions that use inclusive design principles and comply with W3C accessibility guidelines
- Understand and apply the trade-offs between usability, creativity and performance
- Work with the app engineering teams to understand the technical requirements to deliver best customer experience
- Documentation of new design rules, patterns, systems, style guides and interaction guides. To enable other teams to move more quickly with confidence. Set an example for quality and effectiveness of solutions and challenge other team members to maintain a similar high bar
You will need:
- Exceptional UI design skills (including interaction design) demonstrated with a strong portfolio
- At least 3 years experience in native app design for iOS and Android
- Mastery of Sketch, including creating complex design libraries
- Ability to present your designs and articulate your rationale to colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience using Zeplin to collaborate with engineers
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Understanding of user-centred design principles
In the UK, Tesco serves some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
That's why 'Serving shoppers a little better every day' is our core purpose. As a business, serving customers is at the heart of everything we do – whether it’s in–store or online.
Our office application process varies depending on the role and the level of experience needed.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior UX Researcher
Closing 21 November 2021
Senior Experience Designer
Closing 21 November 2021
- R/GA London
- London (Remote)
- perm, from remote
Senior UX Designer
Closing 22 November 2021
- Wunderman Thompson
Want more Senior UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.