Senior UI Designer
At ICIS we believe in putting the customer at the heart of everything we do. ICIS experience and product designers take complex tasks and make them intuitive and simple to use. Following best practice design process and working hand in hand with researchers, UX designers, product managers and engineering you’ll be accountable for the vision of the experience designs you’re work on. You’ll be a Rockstar designer with a portfolio to match–championing the user experience to bring our vision to life in a way that feels inspiring, elegant, relevant and delightful.
Through our digital transformation initiatives, we are breaking new ground and leading the way. As the world’s largest global commodities, energy and sustainability focused information service, we are seeking an exceptional Visual Designer to join a passionate multidisciplinary design team, to create exceptional and compelling user experiences.
This is an exciting opportunity for a designer who thrives on solving complex problems, in a complex domain, across multiple channels. Our aim is to give companies in global commodities markets a competitive advantage. By delivering valuable news, insight and analytics tools, which enable our customers to identify and react to opportunities in markets which are constantly evolving.
As a senior designer you will lead your projects and team, be at the forefront of visual design and prototyping for our digital platforms across desktop, mobile, API and more. The design team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, motivations and behaviours of customers to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create category-leading products that deliver value for our customers, and for ICIS. This is an opportunity to work within a growing design team, to implement and drive outstanding design and solid process, while also guiding and supporting more junior designers. You’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to go-live. You will understand how the products you are working on, form part of a bigger picture for the customer experience and wider business strategy.
You’ll be responsible and accountable to expand, improve, enhance, promote, guide, leverage and evolve ‘Nova’ the ICIS design system to build beautiful, innovative and inspired products that customers will love to use.
With a global staff of more than 600, ICIS has employees based in London, Houston, New York, Singapore, Dubai, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Beijing, Mumbai, Tokyo, Karlsruhe and Milan.
We want to hear from you if you believe:
- in the importance of user centred design, design thinking and placing customers at the heart of everything a business designs and delivers
- that an exceptional, consistent customer experience should transcend every solution a business offers their customers
- UX and design can fundamentally change the way we as a business can solve customers’ problems
- you continually learn, grow, experiment, collaborate, communicate and deliver to the highest design standards
- you design with empathy and understanding, working with customers, your peers, other seniors and the Director of Digital Design to deliver exceptional design solutions that support the worlds’ largest organisations
What is the role?
We’re looking for a Senior Visual Designer to lead and support the ongoing design of our industry leading platforms and digital experience. You will have proven and practical experience leading teams from delivery, across a variety of projects – from greenfield to optimisation of existing projects and interface design patterns. You are aware of and deliver using established best practices and refine your ways of working depending on project and requirements. You are experienced and confident in providing context and coaching for other team members in ways of working, processes, design systems and design practice.
You should apply if you:
- have a minimum of 6+ years commercial design experience
- have solid experience collaborating in the evolution, maintenance and governance of design systems and UI kits
- have a strong portfolio demonstrating applied UI design work and design systems
- have a deep understanding of design principles and industry trends
- are an expert at defining, clarifying and solving problems
- support design leadership in defining and policing standards
- have a broad range of skills covering the design process end to end: interaction design, visual design and prototyping
- work closely with your team and other designers in defining, designing and iterating on product features across web and mobile platforms
- work closely with the development teams to support integration, enhancement and compliance with the design system
- invest in design standards, documentation, and processes alongside your team members to further our design practice
- take insights and learnings from research and analytics teams to steer future designs
- can demonstrate process methodology including workflows, wireframes, design exploration, design patterns, interactive prototypes and high-resolution artefacts to be used in final implementation
- can clearly articulate your design decisions and explain the ‘why’
- advocate for customer needs with cross functional teams and ensure they’re met
- demonstrate ongoing learning, are curious and love to explore new domains
- are open and approachable, able to support and mentor junior designers
- can peer-review design work and confidently direct others, participate in and contribute to design critiques and post project reviews
- work with UX designers to define structures and layout of products, informing design choices
- have a willingness to take direction and interpret feedback
- have a well trained eye for great visual design execution. You care about getting things right - pixel perfection is in your DNA
- learn from your success and your failures
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate your thinking and design decisions – able to take people on the journey with you
- have a self-starter mindset and a positive attitude
- proactively identify issues and opportunities, and tackle them taking ownership of your work
- are comfortable with and excited by a fast-paced and often changing environment, eager to solve new problems and learn new skills in order to succeed
- are a critical thinker, creating new opportunities and prepared to challenge the status quo
It's fair to say that we will want you to show this through work you have done and are happy to share with us. Have we piqued your interest?
Senior Visual Designers will lead on their projects or work into the Director of Digital Design on larger, more complex projects. You will be responsible for your own work, while providing oversight and guidance to more junior team members. You will help to define the strategy, direction, objectives and KPIs of each project and will use your core UCD skills and keen eye for detail to create innovative and impactful solutions. You will be an integral member of the team, driving the vision, design and delivery of exceptional digital experiences.
At ICIS, we strongly believe that diverse teams perform better. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive environment where our employees feel welcomed, valued and listened to – an environment where you can thrive being your true self.
Our people are the center of who we are and what we stand for. OneICIS is how we operate, together, collaboratively and as one voice. We are customer driven by design with an ongoing drive to be customer focused by DNA. We are an open, inclusive and passionate team. Whatever your background you are welcome. We are a flexible employer and happy to accommodate different working solutions for the right talent. We are looking for talented and dynamic team players who focus on delivering successful outcomes. If that sounds like you and the criteria match your skills, we want to hear from you.
We connect data, markets and customers to create a comprehensive, trusted view of the global commodities markets. For our customers, the intelligence we provide is empowering, which as a result influences thousands of decisions across supply chains every single day. We believe the right culture has the same effect. Our culture empowers our people, giving them the confidence and inspiration they need to achieve their aspirations, thrive on innovation and explore more.
At Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions Group having diverse employees with different perspectives is key to creating innovative new products for our global customers. We have 35 diversity employee networks globally and prioritise ensuring inclusive leadership is part of our culture. Our aim is for every employee to be the best version of themselves. We would actively welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups.
Other jobs you may be interested in
UI Motion Designer
Closing 22 November 2021
Closing 24 November 2021
- perm, from remote
Senior UX Researcher
Closing 21 November 2021
Want more Senior UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.