Senior UI Designer (8 Month Fixed Term Contract)
ASOS Technology is going through an exciting period of transition and major investment. – this includes a number of strategic programmes to deliver the amazing technology and business solutions to support our ambitious global growth plans. At the heart of these plans is the rebuilding of our digital platforms and channels to provide the best shopping experience for our customers. Our plan is designed to enable us to really put our mobile experience first, enable personalisation and support a data driven organisation. We are also making significant investments in all our Buying, Merchandising, Finance and People systems with the latest toolsets and applications to accelerate the next phase of our global growth. We are also improving our ways of working within Technology to enable autonomous platform development and improve our engineering and agile practices.
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
We believe fashion can make you look, feel and be your best and, with technology in our DNA, we deliver the latest trends to our digital-obsessed 20-something market. Our award winning Tech teams sit at the heart of our business. We deliver technical innovation and pioneer incredible solutions, which are crucial to our continued success. We’re extremely ambitious and thrive on the individuality of our amazing employees. Our values encompass everything needed for our tech people to be the thought leaders of tomorrow.
Digital Experience at ASOS is all about finding new ways to improve our customers’ shopping experiences. Thinking about what our customers really want from their shopping experience keeps the User Experience team awake at night (well, busy in the day!). Their job is to create the most usable and engaging experience possible. Our digital analytics team spend their days understanding where our users come from and what they do when they’re on the site.
We want to know how they find us, the devices they use, how they interact with the site, and how successful we are at converting them into customers.
What You'll Be Doing:
• Lead the UI thinking and activities on critical, complex projects.
• Exhibit excellent technical competency in all UI Designer skills - Focusing on pixel perfect visual design and animation for each platform.
• Plan, set and communicate kick-offs and project workshops.
• Champion the user and be their voice at all times. Follow and adhere to a user centred design philosophy.
• Understand platform standards and brand design ambitions and translate these into UI designs.
• Know when to follow our design system and when to break it.
• Work closely with product managers, engineers, brand creative, analytics and other key teams.
• Keep abreast of new technology, design trends and emerging UI thinking.
• Expert use of relevant tools (Sketch, Adobe CS Suite, ProtoPie/Principle).
• Digital eCommerce Experience, preferably with a portion of that in-house.
• A suitable graduate or post-graduate qualification.
• An excellent portfolio of UI Design practice across the spectrum of design.
• Proven experience in driving forward excellent work with little guidance.
• Able to inspire your UI Design colleagues with working practice or ideas.
• You naturally connect colleagues to improve our practices.
• Excellent stakeholder management, including relevant leads.
• Able to mentor/manage more junior practitioners.
• Live the ASOS people values: Collaborative, customer focused, open and honest, driven, leadership-minded, resilient, creative and fun!
Senior Footwear Designer - Womenswear
Closing 28 October 2019
- River Island
Online Design and UX Manager
Closing 16 November 2019
- Estee Lauder
Want more Senior UI Designer (8 Month Fixed Term Contract) jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.