Senior Technical Artist, Procedural
We are a next-gen cybernetics start-up backed by a few top-tier investors (led by NEA).
Our R&D blends robotics, machine learning, and high-fidelity simulation. We aim to push the boundaries of what intelligent systems are capable of achieving both autonomously and in collaboration with humans.
Before starting Neo Cybernetica, our CEO founded the unicorn AI company DataRobot and led for almost a decade while working directly with worldwide customers across many industries.
You can expect to be part of something exciting at the contour of human knowledge.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced 3D Modeller and procedural pipeline developer looking to bring their work to life as a robotics playground. In this role, you will help propel machine intelligence toward AI for Good by generating environments and interactive models to support large-scale simulation, used by a worldwide team of world-class AI engineers.
You will be part of our simulation team whose mission is to enable us to embody robots with thoughtful planning skills for countless real-world challenges by simulating worlds where they can learn independently and collaborate with humans.
As the Senior Technical Artist (Procedural) you will lead the process of creating reconfigurable simulation environments.
You are a humble yet driven technical artist excited about seeing your work used at the intersection of simulation, robotics, and AI. You are comfortable with developing a wide variety of assets, ranging from environments to rigid body simulation.
- Build an end-to-end pipeline for constructing procedural environments.
- Collaborate with simulation and robotics engineers on how to use your assets in simulation.
- Incorporate scene synthesis tools for generation of randomized urban landscapes.
- Advice on best practices to guide the improvement of the asset creation pipeline.
- Maintain a library of models, textures, and photorealistic materials.
- Be able to randomize the appearance and layout of environments to generate an infinite variety of test cases.
- 5+ years experience in games, film, or simulation.
- 3+ years of experience creating photorealistic 3D environments.
- Proficiency in developing procedural modeling/generation tools with Houdini or other tools.
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming using Python is required.
- Experience with asset creation and management for game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.).
- Familiarity with Reality Capture pipelines and cleanup tools.
- Deep understanding of texture mapping.
- Proficiency with modelling accurate and efficient 3D models (Maya, Blender, etc.).
- Proficiency with texture/image editing software (Photoshop, Gimp, etc.).
- Some experience and knowledge of NVIDIA Omniverse.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine.
- Some experience and knowledge of Linux.
- Exposure to BIM/CAD software (Revit, SketchFab, etc.).
- Competitive salaries.
- Significant stock.
- Flexible schedule.
- Freedom to make ground-breaking decisions.
- Unlimited time off (we encourage 4+ weeks/year).
- “Exploration day” each week when you can research a topic of your choosing.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior 3D Character Artist
Closing 17 January 2023
- perm, remote
Senior Character Artist- Cranium
Closing 15 January 2023
- Electronic Arts
- perm, remote
Senior Character Artist
Closing 18 January 2023
- perm, remote
Want more Senior Technical Artist, Procedural jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, 3D Designer jobs, 3D Modeller jobs, Games Designer jobs, Gaming Artist jobs, CG Modeller jobs, CG Textures jobs, Model Maker jobs, Modelling jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.