Senior Technical Animator (Star Wars FPS)
Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
We're looking for an accomplished Senior Technical Animator who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard-earned expertise to provide support to our Star Wars FPS Animation and Character Teams. As a Senior Technical Animator, you will play a key role in empowering other developers by working closely with the Tech Anim, Engineering, Character Art, and Animation Departments. If this sounds like you, we're eager to chat!
What you'll do...
- Reporting to the Lead Technical Animator, you will be responsible for helping to develop our technical animation tools and character pipeline from the ground up.
- Work directly with relevant contributors and department heads in order to develop our runtime tools for the character pipeline in the Unreal Engine, and build Maya pipelines to support them.
- Pioneer and develop solutions for character and animation workflows across the project.
- Partner with Engineering to implement character systems that are robust, performant, and scalable.
- Collaborate with Design and other disciplines to build functional prototypes in-engine, which you'll eventually develop into shippable systems.
- Work with Tech Anim, Animation, and Character Art Leads on developing a facial animation pipeline.
- Provide troubleshooting support to the relevant Art and Animation Teams, mainly for Tech Anim tools in Unreal and Maya.
- Provide feedback to external partners and help ensure their work meets our quality bar and performance standards.
Ideally, you'll have...
- 5-7+ years of game industry experience working on the technical side of Art and Animation for games.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive, professional manner.
- Extensive experience in writing Artist/Animator facing tools for relevant software (Python/PySide).
- Extensive character and creature rigging experience using Maya.
- Experience working with an engine-side scripting solution (Blueprint or equivalent).
- Experience working with both keyframe animation and motion capture data.
- Experience building or contributing to a FACS based facial animation pipeline, and working with external partners.
- Experience working on 2 or more shipped AAA titles, ideally in the FPS genre.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits!
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
ase salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 3 April 2023
- perm, remote
$133,000 to 199,400 per annum
Senior VFX Artist (Apex Legends)
Closing 4 April 2023
- Electronic Arts
- perm, remote
$107,450 to 166,550 per annum
Closing 25 March 2023
- perm, remote
Want more Senior Technical Animator (Star Wars FPS) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.