Senior Technical Animator – New Sci-Fi FPS IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Technical Animator to join our talented team at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex. Your mission is to empower our animators and artists to create visual excellence, pushing our games to the next level.
As a Senior Technical Animator, you will work with the animation and engineering teams to devise animation solutions and pipelines, create character rigs, and assist in developing our animation workflows.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Define, create, and maintain a rich set of in-house tools to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation and art teams
- Have a thirst for innovation and visual quality
- Be able to communicate well, helping to solve problems
- Collaborate with the team to develop new features, and character workflow.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Previous experience as Technical Animator / Character Rigger / Character TD in either games, film, or cg animation
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- Expert knowledge of Python
- UE4 or similar engine production experience with characters and animation systems
- Proven skills and experience in Character pipelines and workflow
- Proven skills and experience in Maya character rigging
- Experience designing and maintaining tools in a production environment
- Pro-active communication and problem-solving skills - both within and outside of your department
- Unreal physics experience a big advantage
- Maya C++ and / or Maya python API’s a plus
- Motion Builder
- Motion Capture processes and pipelines
- Proven skills and experience in facial rigging
- UE4 blend trees and state machines
- Understanding of 3D maths (linear algebra, vector and matrix maths)
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (or link to a portfolio/showreel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Experienced Set/environment Designer
Closing 11 December 2021
- Blue Zoo Animation Studio
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Senior Character Artist
Closing 20 November 2021
Closing 8 December 2021
Want more Senior Technical Animator – New Sci-Fi FPS IP jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, VFX Artist jobs, Character Animator jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.