Senior Sub Editor - Ladbible Group
We’re LADbible Group: a voice and identity for a community of more than 53 million people. We are a way of life for a generation of fans from all over the world.
LADbible Group builds youth communities across multiple channels including our websites, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, AppleTV and our apps. We understand our audience and are on their side. Our community brings people together and we try to use our influence for good.
As a Senior Sub-Editor for LADbible, the ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring LADbible’s team of sub-editors and journalists deliver high-quality articles to be posted across LADbible social platforms. The senior sub-editor will be responsible for maintaining LADbible’s tone, attention to detail and safeguarding.
You will be responsible for that all deadlines and quotas are met. You must have experience of working to daily targets, and be ready to write articles as and when required. You will work closely alongside the Social Editor, Editor and Assistant Editor, where you will be expected to deliver original article and feature ideas, as well as meeting KPIs and suggesting follow-up articles. You will also be expected to edit video copy and social wordings.
- Drive the tone of the brand in editorial output.
- Increase accuracy and credibility
- Quality control and safeguard
- Ensure all deadlines and quotas from journalists are met.
- Task manage the journalists and sub-editors.
- Naturally vocal leadership
- Pitch original ideas and lateral angles for trending pieces.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Driving forward LADbible’s unique tone.
- Task managing a team of sub-editors and journalists.
- Confidently work with social to determine the daily news agenda.
- Target driven.
The right person:
- NCTJ qualification.
- A degree in English/Journalism or a related field.
- A naturally vocal and confident leader.
- A background in journalism and sub-editing (experience or qualifications).Previous experience within a similar role
- Target driven, with experience of a fast-paced, high pressure news desk.
- A high standard of written English.
- Passionate about LADbible tone.
- Outstanding proofreading and editing skills.
- Impeccable research skills.
- Expertise in legal matters, including copyright, privacy and accessibility online.
- Knowledge of how to use CMS and Photoshop.
- Proven SEO knowledge/experience.
Want more Senior Sub Editor - Ladbible Group jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Features Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.