Senior Staff Writer
Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence, and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries to trade, innovate and grow. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience, and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content, and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, with over 500 international events, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
FARM PROGRESS, a division of Informa Markets, is the market leader in the Agricultural sector. Our goal is to provide U.S. farmers, ranchers and producers with content on production practices, trade, marketing, government policy, new technologies, critical insights and analysis that will support this community with the tools to make informed decisions that will drive growth for their businesses. Farm Progress is the number one agricultural informational provider in the U.S. that utilizes print, digital, broadcast and events as communication channels for the Agricultural market.
Informa Markets is seeking a full-time Senior Staff Writer for its Farm Progress Agricultural Portfolio. The writer will be responsible for the content creation for Delta Farm Press, including digital and print media, social community building and engagement, creation of galleries and collaborating with other colleagues to produce high-value content, photography and the coverage of production agricultural topics as requested by leadership.
This position is fully integrated within the Farm Progress group and collaborates frequently with all departments within the portfolio. The writer will report to the editor of Delta Farm Press and Senior Content Director for Farm Press group. The writer should be located in the Mid-South region.
- Creating compelling original content for daily digital and monthly print publications.
- Creating social channel content and building community networks.
- Planning and developing future story ideas for digital, print and social networks by working with state and regional experts to report on the significant issues facing the region.
- Creating photo galleries.
- Creating photographic images that further convey stories and information for producers.
- Driving user engagement with best practices of content creation for the agricultural audience.
- Using new content tactics to drive audience retention and page views, and enhance the user experience.
- Developing relationships with farmer and expert sources throughout the agricultural region.
- Attending field days, meetings, conferences and events as needed for story coverage.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, ag communications, English or related discipline.
- Minimum of five years of business writing and media experience.
- High-level writing skills.
- Excellent photography skills in agricultural conditions.
- Proficiency in MS Office product suite, Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented skills and able to meet daily deadlines.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior SEO Copywriter
Closing 22 May 2023
- THG plc
Sr. Marketing Specialist Copywriter
Closing 6 May 2023
Senior Staff Writer - Agriculture
Closing 24 April 2023
- perm, remote
Want more Senior Staff Writer jobs?
Want to find more Content Author jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.