Senior Social Media Manager – 12 Month FTC
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Sky Consumer Engagement Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a member of the Sky Social Team you’ll lead a team of Social Media Managers and Social Media Executives responsible for raising awareness and understanding for Sky’s TV content, plus it’s products and services across Sky’s owned, earned and paid social channels in the UK.
The team is focused on delivering our social media strategy in the UK, including the planning and delivery of platform strategies, the production of content, driving engagement, generating positive sentiment and share of voice, as well as day to day community engagement.
– Build market leading social campaigns that resonate and deepen engagement with revenant audiences, plus the fans and followers of our social media channels across paid and owned activity.
– Manage the Social Media Managers output, maintaining a birdseye overview of all projects and campaigns.
– Lead the creation of content calendars, planning a strategic roll out of assets across campaigns, business priorities and Channel and community management
– Working with broad range of social/evaluation tools to deliver campaigns and analyse their impact – from listening tools to content-planning.
– Take briefs, delegate and project manage campaigns amongst Social Media Managers and ensure work is developed collaboratively alongside the Social Media Executives.
– Work collaboratively with the broader marketing team to deliver world class, highly innovative and inherently social campaigns, that are customer insight-led. Focus on high impact, key campaign moments.
– Work closely with PR and Marketing colleagues whist developing and executing activity. Attend “Milestone Meetings” and confidently present ideas to secure “buy-in” from senior stakeholders.
– Lead relationships with creative team and external agencies to come up with big, cut through ideas for campaigns that will permeate through all disciplines.
– A passion and knowledge for social media and TV is a must with expertise and knowledge around a wide range of entertainment and movies essential, and an understanding of product and technology communications is desirable
– A deep understanding of all Social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap and YouTube
– Highly organised and able to project manage while leading a team, setting objectives and proving constructive feedback.
– Capable of multi-tasking, working in a fast paced environment & managing multiple campaigns.
– Ability to remain calm when under pressure and be flexible as priorities change.
– A creative thinker who can come up with original, highly shareable social ideas.
– Extremely confident in reporting back key social media metrics and trends as well as conveying direction to negotiate with stakeholders.
– Experience is developing and running paid and own social campaigns.
– A clear vision and direction, thinking long-term and planning effectively.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about.
Social Media Editor
Closing 18 October 2019
- LADbible Group
Senior Social Media Manager
Closing 9 October 2019
Want more Senior Social Media Manager – 12 Month FTC jobs?
Want to find more Affiliate Executive jobs, Affiliate Manager jobs, Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.