Frasers Group started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We are now a collection of the world’s most iconic brands.
We’re reimagining retail and believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation.
At Frasers Group we’re rethinking retail. Through digital innovation and unique store experiences, we’re serving our consumers with the world’s best sports, premium and luxury brands globally. As a leader in the industry, we’re elevating the retail experience for our consumers through our collection of established brands, including Sports Direct, FLANNELS, USC, Frasers, and GAME.
Reporting to the Photography Team Lead, we are looking for a Senior Retoucher who is a motivated leader and driven to grow their career in a fast paced and dynamic studio setting.
You will be joining a busy team so must be prepared to hit the ground running and be able to retouch garments, accessories and models in an ever-changing workload that involves creating high standards of assets for all facias of Frasers Group.
- Daily and weekly task allocation to Retouching team, based on Photography Team Lead input and overall Studio priorities
- Ensure work within team is completed to a high standard by checking for on time completion and to Studio requirements
- Create and run reports for Photography management team, with recommendations for improvements where necessary and identify Quality concerns
- Develop and implement appropriate quality control measures
- Line management of Retouching Team, including but not limited to onboarding, probation reviews, performance management, absence management, 1:1s, ensuring welfare and wellbeing & supporting with recruitment
- Ensure all members of the team are up to date with current Frasers Group Photography Guidelines
- Answer phones and respond to email queries from the wider Frasers teams in relation to Photography
- Build relationships and drive communication to support effective cross-functional working through Commercial and Brand Partnership teams
- Support Photography Managers with any Transformation or Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Recommend and implement best practice in relation to organisation, communication and standards for Retouching Team
- Finding the strengths of Direct Reports and delegating work appropriately.
- Organising of Rota's to ensure adequate staffing levels.
- The ability to train and guide Direct Reports as well as themselves.
- Can work independently with excellent comm’s to Team Leads.
- Degree in Photography, Computer Graphics, or Graphic Arts OR 3+ years’ experience in photo and image production or related field.
- Experience in a fast paced photography production
- Advanced e-commerce product, and lifestyle photo editing
- An outstanding knowledge of retouching Techniques.
- Good knowledge of photography and processes.
- Excellent teamwork with other senior members of the team.
- Ability to lead a small team, to maximise quality and quantity produced.
- Great communication skills, to liaise with all members of the team from entry level through to management.
- Own it and back yourself - will take pride in what you do with confidence, but not overconfidence. It’s important you take ownership of your decisions, stand by your convictions and reason with contradiction.
- Think without limits and take the team with you - See the possible in impossible and will be open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for the business.
- Don’t hesitate and act now - ask for forgiveness – not permission. You will be comfortable juggling multiple projects acting both decisively and instinctively without support from managers.
- Be commercial and customer-focused - be creative and analytical, balancing big-picture trends and detailed commercial performance. You will have a forensic commercial mindset, always considering the commercial impact of any decision.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Head of Retouching
Closing 23 May 2023
- Sky UK
Closing 16 May 2023
- Market Harborough
Want more Senior Retoucher jobs?
Want to find more Retoucher jobs, Photo Editor jobs, Picture Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.