Senior Project Manager
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Delivery team are at the epicenter of all projects, ensuring they’re delivered to the highest quality, on time, and that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment.
The teams key focus is to build collaborative relationships and effective communication with project teams and clients alike. AKQA’s process and governance standards are industry leading; providing the tools, training and team support to make this possible.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for large, complex, assignments. Ensuring they are completed on time, within budget and that objectives are met. The Senior Project Manager addresses business needs, manages resources and successfully navigates and delivers all aspects of the assignment.
- Successfully deliver projects with high quality project deliverables, on-time and on-budget.
- Manage UX led projects, UI and web build as well as mange both creative teams and developers.
- Author well-crafted Project Status Reports, ensuring they are submitted on time, every week (95% compliance target).
- Manage and deliver projects with budgets up to £750k.
- Be able to set up, structure and deliver the end-to-end delivery of a large project involving some technical complexity.
- Successfully manage multiple suppliers, partners and client/s to ensure the best outcome for both client/s and AKQA.
- Keep stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manage expectations proactively.
- Tailor and communicate an appropriate project structure by methodology or project phase. Document this clearly in the scope of work.
- Work with leads to accurately compile an estimate for an agreed scope of work. Structure an estimate according to most appropriate model (e.g. fixed price, capped time and materials, by project phase) and effectively communicate to client.
- Write thorough, considered scopes of work that can act as a contract for your projects. Define and agree the scope of work internally and with client/s and ensure projects are delivered within this agreed scope.
- Ensure options for project scopes suit client’s priorities and budgets.
- Set up and facilitate both internal and client post-project reviews and share learning with relevant parties (e.g. AKQA teams, client groups and third parties).
- Balance specific client demands with project realities and reliably close the loop on all open issues in a timely manner.
Qualities And Characteristics:
- Experience of managing a multi-disciplined service delivery function in an agency environment implementing innovative, interactive and consumer focused solutions.
- Experience of adapting a delivery process to that required by a client.
- Previous experience managing projects on both Kanban and Agile/Scrum methodologies including managing sprints, writing stories, leading the teams.
- Knowledge of waterfall approaches such as Prince2, DSDM or PMI.
- Ability to discuss with clients regarding merits/drawbacks of projects/workstreams being delivered. Must be client facing.
- Strong organisation skills – responsive to colleagues for overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build strong relationships with peers and external staff.
- Make sound commercial/financial decisions, quickly understand problems, propose solutions and manage customer situations.
- Work well under pressure with an objective-focused and positive approach.
- Comfortable working independently, self-motivated.
- Strong customer service ethos – committed to quality with the will to constantly drive improvements. Committed to high standards of excellence and integrity.
- Possess good business acumen and sound judgment. Eager to provide insight and receive feedback.
- Accomplished communicator who gains the confidence of the business; credible and experienced at operating at all levels.
- Negotiates well, listens actively and makes compelling points.
- Make a positive contribution to the team and receive positive feedback.
- Constantly strive to improve AKQA delivery practices, processes and procedures.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Creative Producer, Volunteer Films
Closing 31 December 2021
start February 2022
- Media Trust
- perm, temp to perm
- £Up to £30,000 FTE (depending on experience)
Senior Digital Project Manager
Closing 29 January 2022
Closing 25 January 2022
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.