Senior Project Manager for Ogilvy & MatherThis job listing has expired
Who we are
Based in Sea Containers close to Blackfriars Bridge in state of the art offices, our specialist team brings together talent from some of the best of WPPs global agencies to deliver strategic, creative and operational expertise to our global client in the EU.
The client and work
Our client is a world leading automotive, and we are working on a global programme to develop new ownership and mobility services centering around bringing together web/mobile applications and in vehicle technology. Our team is responsible for driving the strategy in the EU, UX/design of the web & mobile digital experiences (working closely with the client’s IT team), associated marketing communications and organization of a wide range of related initiatives. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that is at the forefront of the client’s transformation agenda.
What we are looking for
This is a job for someone who is a true all-rounder. taking tasks and projects from inception through to delivery and on to evaluation. Owning the work both from an account management perspective – being the client’s go-to person - and from a project delivery point of view ensuring that high quality work is delivered as agreed. Managing client inputs and feedback loops and working with the expert stakeholders from within the agency and client team to ensure it our work pushes the boundaries and delivers on its fundamental objectives.
This is a role for someone who thrives on delivering a varied range of work, is an exceptional project manager and understands the nuances and subtlety of client management: while always making the quality of the product the absolute center of your universe.
Working in a diverse, highly skilled and busy team someone we need someone who is a team player and brings energy and passion for their work. We are looking for an ‘A’ player who is ambitious to progress in their career.
- has a broad background in producing digital work in creative & technical environments
- has experience in delivering projects with strategic, creative, UX, and design components, and understands the technology implications. We don’t manage the tech build ourselves, but we are critical to enabling the client IT team, so this person needs to bring experience working with Development teams.
- Is experience and confident working in a big agency and with a large multinational client
- is calm, composed and emotionally intelligent
- is client facing and comfortable partnering with clients independently of client services
- has lots of energy and drive
- is flexible and adaptable, and enjoys find pragmatic, lean approaches to solving client and creative challenges
- has a flair for organization along with a personal approach - to get teams working efficiently
- is professional at all times and passionate about delivering to the very highest standards for our clients, the agency and yourself
- creatively focused with a curious mind, you should naturally want to know more about the client’s business and our industry and proactively seek this out
- positive, and proactive in your thinking with a real can do attitude, you will inspire and motivate those working with you
- has strong interpersonal skills and enjoys working with a cross discipline team to create great work
Key responsibilities of the role
We take on a wide variety of tasks. This ranges from developing strategic planning outputs, producing UX & Design for new web features to managing the rollout in new markets. This role will involve managing the end to end delivery of a range of tasks across this scope. This can include:
- taking briefs, scoping, sizing, planning project effort whilst managing deliverables and dependencies.
- manage and oversee all project activities as accountable owner of the client relationship and project delivery
- co-ordinate UX, design and client technical teams including UX to deliver new web features and organize the creation of new copy and translations for the target markets
- organize and contribute to creative brainstorms and client workshops
- work with the creative and design teams to produce new creative deliverables
- produce roadmaps, schedules, costings, scoping documents and specifications
- liaising between the project team (Strategy/Creative/UX/designers) and client project stakeholders; fostering quality communication between disciplines and with clients
- overseeing quality of work and handling feedback.
- Keeping a tight rein on looming deadlines and resource requirements
Specific skills and experience required
- 6+ years experience in a project management role in an agency or multi-national client environment.
- a solid background in digital project management and production including methodologies /process, websites, apps and campaigns; a track record of delivering projects involving creative and digital components in complex environments
- experience of multi-country localization projects
- expertise in delivering web UX, design & content
- understanding of client management, creative development, UX, mobile, technology delivery, quality assurance
- experience implementing processes to ensure quality of delivery for cross channel projects
- strong client facing background with the ability to partner and negotiate with clients at all levels of business
- experience working in a multi-national team and communicating with global stakeholders
- output focused, good stakeholder management and a focus on relationship building
- knowledge of project management tools (e.g. MS Project, Jira, Slack, etc.)
- excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with internal and client teams. You will be expected to work directly with clients during the full life of project
- proven ability to manage project budget, scope, resourcing, deliver on time and on budget
- digital native
- calm and patient under pressure
- thrives in a changing, dynamic environment
- cares about creating quality work, not just getting it out of the door on time
- critical thinker and problem solver. Is a “Fixer” who can find ways to get things done.
- assertive and proactive
- able to see the big picture while paying attention to the smallest end details
- anticipates and manages problems
- very high degree of personal motivation and professionalism
- has a positive mental attitude (“can do”) and able to get along with different personalities
- interest in digital/mobile technology
- sense of humor an essential
Advantageous but not essential:
- automotive experience
- mobile development experience
- experience in Agile methodology / iterative development
- experience working with development teams both onsite and remotely
creative production skills - design tools (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro etc.) etc.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Digital Account Director - Leading Advertising Agency
Closing 19 June 2018
- Preferred Choice Limited
- £50,000 to 55,000 p/a
Senior User Researcher - Care Quality Commission
Closing 31 May 2018
- Care quality Commission
Want more Senior Project Manager jobs?
Want to find more Digital Project Director jobs, Digital Project Manager jobs, Digital Creative Services Manager jobs, Creative Services Manager jobs, Project Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.