Senior Project Design Manager
The Ocado Logistics Projects department is the subject matter expert in our solution and translating and implementing this globally. The department focuses on all areas of our customer proposition, including the design, project management, testing and enhancement phases, as well as international client engagement with our current and future retail partners in order to effectively deliver our state-of-the-art automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfillment Centres (CFCs) both in the UK and abroad.
Within the Ocado Logistics Projects department sits the New CFCs Design team, which is responsible for designing our CFCs. The team focuses on space capacity, operational efficiencies and throughput, making sure each CFC is operationally fit for purpose and tailored to each client’s requirements. We develop both concept and detailed designs for all business processes, equipment and automation requirements and the team is now looking for a Senior Project Design Manager to join.
What will you be doing?
- Owning the design, modelling and generation of requirements for a CFC project (UK and/or international).
- Developing the operational concept layout for new CFCs.
- Project managing the design stream through the development cycle, to ensure designs meet the business requirements of throughput, safety and efficiency.
- Acting as line manager for a number of design team members (including Project Design Managers, Solution Design Managers and Solution Designers).
- Developing design solutions for improving the operation of CFCs.
- Analytical mindset with strong numeracy skills.
- Ability to plan, organise and communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to lead a team - previous people management experience.
- Previous experience in solution design within logistics/e-fulfilment/manufacturing (preferred).
- Project management experience.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…
Senior Design Manager
Closing 8 June 2020
Senior Design Manager
Closing 26 July 2020
Want more Senior Project Design Manager jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Project Designer jobs, Digital Project Director jobs, Digital Project Manager jobs, Project Director jobs, Project Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.