Senior Product Writer
Studio Production produces world-class visual assets for NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER, YOOX, THE OUTNET and ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES Powered by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP. Operating from our London HQ and US studio in New Jersey as well as Italian centres for excellences, our team includes Studio Coordinators, Product Library, Styling, Size and Fit, Photography, Video, Retouch, Product Editorial and Translations teams, with many working across a combination of all Group’s websites each week.
The Product Editorial team are now seeking a talented Senior Product Writer to join the team based in our offices in London. Reporting into the Deputy Product Editor, you will be tasked with writing engaging, on-brand and informative menswear and grooming product copy to daily deadlines, in the style of MR PORTER’s house tone. The role will also cover womenswear and beauty product copy for NET-A-PORTER when required.
“We are the voice of the NET-A-PORTER GROUP’s shop floor, speaking to our customers directly from every product page. We are their most trusted style advisor and fashion confidante. We research, write, edit, translate and publish informed, accurate and innovative copy in four languages, from two locations.” Product Editorial team
- Produce first draft product descriptions to daily deadlines, ensuring they are dynamic, concise and accurate.
- Check over PIDs (products) in your specialist category prior to and after upload to ensure consistency in swatches and accuracy.
- Check over your PIDs in Fulcrum and on the live site, making note of edits and double checking for accuracy.
- Assist with the sample flow process, anticipating problems and escalating to editors.
- Organize trips to the product library for writers to see samples.
- Be a support womenswear writer and flex across uploads as required.
- Mentor new writers, helping them settle into the team and assist with their training on a daily basis.
- Act as a point of contact and reference for the other writers in the absence of editor.
- Write Designer Landing Pages as requested, clearly communicating to the customer the USP of the brands we sell.
- Help with site audits and communicate to editor any problems or suggestions for the site.
- Attend Designer Academy sessions and present back to team to ensure all PIDs are as accurate and informative as possible.
- Keep guides to your specialist category updated with any style changes.
- Work to strict daily deadlines.
- Complete various ad hoc duties.
- A degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, Marketing, Fashion Merchandising or any other fashion-related concentrations and significant writing experience that indicates a strong editorial point of view and sound knowledge of menswear and womenswear fashion, fabrics and brands.
- Excellent grammar and spelling.
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Confidence using MS Word, Powerpoint and CMS.
Here are just a few of the amazing perks you will receive as an employee at the YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP:
- Our famous Staff discount
- Exclusive staff sales
- Season ticket loan or cycle to work scheme
- Matched contribution pension
- Multi-purpose insurance
- Eye-care vouchers
You will work four days a week between Monday and Friday (37.5 hours per week).
From the moment you walk through our doors and join the YOOX NET-A-PORTER team we are committed to making your journey with us inspirational and evolutionary.
If you are passionate, committed and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, then please apply with a CV and covering letter.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
Content Marketing Specialist for Off to Work
Closing 21 March 2019
- Off to Work
- £24,000 to 27,000 p/a
Senior Copywriter for Shelter
Closing 6 March 2019
- 35,777 p/a
Want more Senior Product Writer jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.