Senior Product Designer
Shell provides a wide IT solution that will cater needs of End User Productivity, Digital Platforms, Identity & Access Management and Security, and Connectivity. Be a key player in delivering smooth projects and creating value and driving digitalization adoption across the entire Shell Group.
Where you fit:
Geneva is an initiative within Shell Trading which seeks to protect and grow $500m per annum by leveraging our full data flow advantage in Crude and Products. To achieve this, we are rebuilding our approach to fundamental analytics from the ground up to strengthen our trading bias. We harness the data available within Shell, along with all relevant external market data, and make use of cutting-edge technology to deliver human-centred, digital products that give our Analysts and Traders an advantage in the market. As Shell Trading, we have more and better market data than anyone else, but we do not take full advantage of it. Yet.
As the Senior Designer, you will be hands-on and need to think more strategically about interaction design to the level of design systems. You will lead and experience the workstream of projects, and research empathetically and thoroughly to build the foundation from which to define and design. Be a holistic thinker, looking at, yet also beyond, the digital screen towards all touchpoints that deliver on product experience.
As a Senior Designer, you need to be passionate about your craft and strive to make beautiful, engaging, intuitive, modern, and accessible digital products. A shaper who wants to define user experiences of the future and a champion of design that can show the value of experience and interaction design to one of the world’s biggest companies.
What’s the Role?
As the Senior Designer, you need to have the ability to be highly independent, confident, and flexible to adapt to a fluid landscape. The capacity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking, communicating effectively through storytelling and visuals yet also in a language that resonates with the business. Also, the aptitude to effectively manage and leverage stakeholders illustrates the value that design can bring to the enterprise. You are also expected to research techniques for workshop facilitation to craft prototypes and experiences.
Other role accountabilities are the following:
- Be actively involved in project work/creating a product: owning the experience component.
- Carry out appropriate research (direct and ethnographic).
- Identify use cases, and write epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, content, and requirements.
- Produce working documentation/deliverables such as experience guidelines, wireframes, UX flows, screens, and prototype(s). Experience of Figma (or equivalent) expected.
- Produce deliverables such as design documentation, Wireframes, flows, screens, and prototype(s). Experience of Figma (or equivalents) expected.
- Working hand-in-glove with technical/development teams.
- Develop and run prototype testing sessions; A-B testing of design components and flows, information hierarchy validation e.g., card sorting etc.
- Use (and constantly evolve) the UI design language, components, grid structures, icons, and interactions.
- Support the facilitation of workshops to prioritise, ideate and define opportunities.
- Working hand-in-glove with technical/development teams.
- Work with the wider organisation and cross-functional project teams to clarify business problems.
- Now and then produce visual design and communication that is engaging and impactful.
- Work closely with other designers to execute a balanced approach to project work and product build.
- Adapt and continuously iterate feedback on the project approach to the design lead.
What We Need from You:
- Graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or equivalent practical experience.
- With a minimum of 6 years of related experience.
- Knowledgeable in using Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable of Product Management and Agile ways of working including user stories, backlog management, acceptance criteria, SCRUM/Kanban, retrospectives etc.
- Must be updated on the latest thinking in the world of design. Have a real passion to bring the latest practices and tools in UX and UI to where and how we work. Your experience and ambition are wider than ‘design’ and extend into lean and human-centred innovation as well as an appreciation of business rigour.
- With appreciation and understanding of the service design practices, consideration of the backstage workings and holistic proposition.
- Knowledgeable of digital development and technology such that the experience design can be communicated and translated smoothly.
Shell is a global energy company where we work towards powering progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. In India Shell has its business footprint in Information Technology, Projects & Technology, Finance Operations, Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream spread across more than 7 main locations.
An innovative place to work:
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work:
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
We are creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there. We are striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you in finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work:
As an equal opportunity employer, combining our ideas through a creative, collaborative environment and global operations – we have developed and will continue to nurture a unique workplace with an impressive range of benefits to ensure that joining Shell is an inspired and rewarding career choice for everyone.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Graphic Designer with Digital Experience Manager - Accenture Creative
Closing 31 January 2023
Product Design Lead
Closing 1 February 2023
- Sky UK
- Osterley, Leeds
User Experience (UX) Designer
Closing 16 December 2022
£Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Want more Senior Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.