Senior Product Designer
This is an exciting opportunity to join as a Senior Product Designer in our Technology and Administration Solutions business. We are developing the next generation of our pension plan administration platform and placing the customer journey at the heart of its design. The new platform will be cloud based, providing enhanced functionality for members, utilising updated technology and content management to enable a more robust system.
The Senior Product Designer will work in the Digital team designing and implementing the end-to-end customer journeys to our members and clients. You’ll drive a member-led approach to inject voice of customers during solution design and tests & validations throughout the product development cycle. You will use various techniques and tools to rally stakeholders and team members to work towards a solution that address users’ needs, but also happily and ably collaborating with project stakeholders to achieve sign-off.
You will be leading a team and work alongside a large cross-functional team with diverse skills and experience, the job requires a motivated individual who is experienced in taking responsibility, who can independently deliver results on both a product level as well as client-specific projects.
This role is aligned to our hybrid working pattern, predominantly based from home with occassional team meetings in our London or Redhill, Surrey offices.
- As the lead of the team, you’ll be responsible for product design across a portfolio, providing a strategic approach with end-to-end design thinking within the digital product team.
- You’ll be operating in a fast-paced environment, working end-to-end to understand user needs and deliver best in class member experience.
- You’ll work closely with Product Lead, Copywriter, Data Scientist, Engineering and rest of scrum team to create a compelling solution and member experiences that is enjoyable for B2C/end users, feasible and viable for the business.
- You will be leading discovery workshop/discussions with stakeholders to ideate options, obtain buy-in to facilitate decisions leveraging a mix bags of lean/agile UX framework and output e.g. journey maps, user flows and wireframes, prototyping, service design, hi-fidelity UI.
- Conduct or coordinate research with end users to discover needs and prove/disprove hypotheses throughout discovery and development e.g. conduct competitive benchmark, member research and concept/usability tests.
- Work with Data team to leverage insights to inform design considerations/decision and optimize the product to meet target key results around ease of use, adoption and stickiness/engagement.
- Communicate designs to stakeholders across levels to create an effective understanding of the product design and rationale.
- Perform audit/review on usability for build in each sprint.
- Help build the design Community of Practice to support wider adoption of design-thinking framework for innovation and achieving target customer/member outcome.
- Substantial experience in product & user experience design, including operating in a senior or team leader capacity.
- Experience working within scrum team and running/leading design sprints.
- Have worked on and launched B2C/customer-facing web applications, it’s a bonus to have worked on native apps. Preferably experience working in product design at a SAAS company.
- Experience in financial services especially regulated industries is a nice to have.
- Solid experience leveraging service design techniques and framework (e.g.journey mapping, service blueprint, story map) to ideate/facilitate solutions with broad group of stakeholders.
- Conscientious & motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail combined with pragmatic, solution-based thinking.
- Good knowledge & practical use of structured methodologies (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, Agile, Scrum).
- Embrace and role-model flexible and “can do” approach.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 17 July 2022
UI Visual Designer
Closing 17 July 2022
Senior Product Designer
Closing 11 July 2022
- perm, from remote
£60,000 - 75,000 depending on the level
Want more Senior Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.