Senior Product Designer
At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building the first patient-centred communication platform. Our products help doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, carers and anyone else involved in a patient's care to communicate easily with patients and with each other. We believe this will transform how healthcare is delivered, improving patient outcomes, improving staff morale and increasing the efficiency of health systems.
Our products have 98% adoption in GP practices and we are investing into other areas of healthcare (hospitals, pharmacies, care homes). By making messaging easier, we’re making more of medicine asynchronous, from simple consultations to getting advice from hospital specialists, saving time and making it easier for staff to communicate.
We stay close to our users with everyone visiting a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far from our website.
Life as a Senior Product Designer at accuRx:
As a Product Designer at accuRx you get the opportunity, every day, to create experiences that improve the lives of patients, and the happiness of healthcare staff. It's a fulfilling role, one that's shaped by the close relationships you build with our users.
Why it's interesting joining the team today:
- With amazing usage in primary care (98% adoption) and closing a great series B funding round (£27.5m), we're in a really exciting position to innovate with our products. You'll have the opportunity to harness this momentum and make a significant contribution to what we do next.
- Now, more than ever, the health system needs support to provide effective care to patients. You can help solve this very real problem that impacts everyone.
- Whether through our in-house clinical leads, daily research calls, user support or regular site visits. We keep as close to our end-users as we can. You'll be practising genuine human-centred design day-to-day.
What it's like to design with us:
Product Designers at accuRx work as embedded members of cross-functional teams. This means that for your team you are the Product Design expert. You have the autonomy, control and responsibility to provide anything and everything required from your field to help the team build what our users need.
Of course, you're not alone. You'll also be part of the Product Design and wider UX function who'll always be there to provide support, share learnings and celebrate your achievements.
What the team say:
Working as a Product Designer at accuRx made me question everything I’ve worked on before. The relationship with our users is so direct, transparent and caring, every day you can be certain what you work on has a real impact on the NHS. Everything here happens quickly, but everyone is incredibly helpful and supportive.
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- You follow human-centred design methodologies.
- You have over 5+ years of proven experience in a Product Design role.
- You have demonstrable product design skills, such as:
- Helping to define research goals and interpret findings.
- Running collaborative sessions around understanding, defining and ideating.
- Effective prototyping - opting for the best tool for the job.
- Exceptional craft in user interface design.
- Confidence scoping design ideas with stakeholders of different disciplines.
- You're willing to advocate for Product Design.
- You're able to communicate and justify your design decisions.
- You have experience contributing to a design system and embrace working in a modular way.
- You share our values.
Salary & Benefits:
Our package includes:
- Flexible working including core hours and up to 2 days remote working per week.
- Generous leave policies including 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and enhanced parental leave.
- £1000 annual learning and development budget; £500 wellness budget.
- Time on the frontline - Everyone visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
- And much more.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our company handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at accuRx.
Diversity & Inclusion:
accuRx is committed to being an inclusive employer and, as part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Assistant Designer - Homewares and Lighting
Closing 20 July 2022
- perm, from remote
£Competitive plus benefits
Closing 18 July 2022
Designer / Senior Designer, Denim
Closing 3 June 2022
- River Island
£Competitive + Benefits
Want more Senior Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.