Senior Product Designer (UX/UI)
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
Located within the central product & design team, as a Senior Product Designer (UX/UI) you will be leading multiple projects at any given time. Sitting between business, technology and customer experience, you will aim to balance priorities, working across the entire design life cycle, with a view to delivering user-centric digital products and services that:
- Are scalable
- Provide superb user experiences
- Based on research and usability testing
- Address clients' and audiences' needs and pain points
- Look modern
- Are engaging and growth driven
All while meeting projects’ visions and maximising customer and business value.
Who you are (Qualities):
At Informa tech, we value diversity and creativity. We are looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to the organisation.
Aside from that, you should apply for this role if you:
- Are passionate about creating exceptional digital experiences
- Greatly care about human-Centric solutions that ensure solving the right problems and positively impact users’ experiences.
- Are an excellent problem-solver - You enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem and asking the difficult questions
- Always think big picture! Take a strategic view to everything you do - your work stands the test of time
- Care about getting things right. Have attention to detail – every pixel matters.
- Have fantastic communication skills to portray your thinking and design decisions - you’re able to get people along on the journey with you
- Are an ego-free team player that embraces learning from anyone and everyone; and strives to place the best interest of users and the business over their own agenda.
What we are looking for (Requirements):
We greatly value humility, the eagerness to learn, grow and progress personally and professionally, flexibility and ability to adapt to the varying paces of workload while being pragmatic about your decisions.
Aside from that, you should apply to the role if you:
- Are a Figma wizard - (auto-layouts, components, variants, building designs systems, etc) - or you are an expert in using other tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Miro, Mural, Jira & Confluence and Microsoft suite.
- Have a basic understanding of CSS and HTML.
- Are proficient with A/B and multi-variant testing
- Are an expert in working with design systems and building responsive components.
- Have a deep knowledge of a wide range of skills covering the design process end-to-end: High-standard user research, personas, user journeys, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping, usability testing, documentation and visual design.
- Translate business and user needs and technology constraints into solution concepts that are engaging, valuable and easy to use.
- Have extensive knowledge of platform-specific patterns (e.g. iOS Human interface guidelines, Android Material guidelines).
- Are able to own and influence KPIs for products from the user experience angle.
- Are able to communicate technical aspects of the design well to developers
- Have knowledge in dealing with data, data analysis and data visualisation
- Are experienced in working in cross-functional lean and agile environments and be able to understand and interpret requirements
- Are able to prepare high standards presentations and present comfortably and effectively to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Can create, prepare, lead and facilitate workshops of different formats to ensure full collaboration with the stakeholder and drive educated and insight-based experiences and decisions.
- Are able to guide, manage and mentor junior and mid-weight product designers in design-specific areas and in the organisation in general.
- Are a team player who works closely with the Product and Strategy team to ensure holistic strategic design approaches
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates, we make every effort to offer flexible working patterns and prioritise promotion opportunities for internal candidates.
Our benefits include:
- A tailored learning and development plan and access to online material to support your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits package including pension, healthcare and a range of wellbeing benefits
- Share-Match options so you can become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 28 January 2023
- perm, remote
£38,000 to 40,000 per annum
User Experience (UX) Designer
Closing 16 December 2022
£Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Product Design Lead
Closing 1 February 2023
- Sky UK
- Osterley, Leeds
Want more Senior Product Designer (UX/UI) jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.