Senior Product Designer - Medical
Are you a self-motivated, forward-thinking, creative individual who thrives in fast-paced environment? Do you want to explore novel ways to solve Business problems and understand the importance of prioritising according to business value? Are you passionate about applying innovative technologies to enable GSK to derive greater insights, enable increased agility and efficiency while ensuring delivery to our customers?
We’d like to hear from you if you think you might make a good fit!
The Regulatory & Medical Business at GSK is going through a transformation which will simplify processes and systems and accelerate innovation. R&D Tech is at the forefront, working hand in hand with the business to deliver change with the application of industry leading technologies, a product-centric org structure and an agile delivery approach.
R&D Tech strive to deliver products and services to our R&D customers that meet the needs of the business whilst being intuitive, efficient, effective and satisfying to use. We require a Senior Product Designer with an interest in business- and user-centered analysis, and an appreciation for design and process improvement, to join our Medical Tech Product Team. They will be pivotal in delivering a better user experiences and business processes within our application portfolio, identifying opportunities to create Business value whilst advocating a user-centered focus within Agile ways of working.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Optimizing the delivery of business value through business partnering, process improvement, user research and user-centered design.
- Performing user research through qualitative enquiry, quantitative data analysis and user testing within the R&D customer base of this product area.
- Obtaining a solid understanding of the business domain and processes within a product area, capturing user goals, needs and expectations and translating these into personas, journeys and user stories that drive towards improvements.
- Driving process optimization through process modelling and service design, taking into consideration the product strategy and system and data landscapes.
- Driving experience design activities to improve user interfaces and task flows through wireframing, prototyping and ideation workshops.
- Working closely with the Product Owner and other members of the product team, with a clear focus on delivering value quickly while helping to steer the product area towards business- and user-centered improvements.
- Engaging with the R&D Tech UX & Design Team to support the maturity of UX and Design across R&D Tech, specifically working with other UX practitioners and sharing experiences.
- Partnering with the business area to understand their challenges and needs, whilst working to manage system and process changes within these user groups, helping ensure smooth deployments and satisfied customers.
- Keeping up with internal and external trends in the product area, including mobile, wearables and social media.
- The position involves a large amount of influencing and communication to individual contributors, lower/mid-management and external partners across the Organisation to apply product analysis and design in a business context with deep analytical and meaningful insights.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in working in an IT product related industry.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in IT software analysis, design or delivery (both analytical and technical).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of UX space, particularly areas of user research and experience design.
- Minimum 2 years’ Experience in creating high quality user flows, wireframes, interface mockups and user-centered UI design.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Strong creativity, problem solving, collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of Pharmaceuticals processes and systems.
- Experience with creating dashboards and Data Visualization and Business Intelligence tools (ex: Power BI).
- Experience or strong awareness of Agile.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
We’re open to all talent – whatever your gender, disability, marital status, religion or belief, age, race, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Part-Time Print and Textile Design Studio Intern
Closing 30 April 2020
- Paul Smith
- temp, part time
Closing 23 April 2020
- Lloyds Banking Group
- £45,099 to 50,110 p/a
Want more Senior Product Designer - Medical jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.