Senior Product Designer, Design Systems
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Hybrid is preferred, but remote opportunities are also being considered.
Fox Corp is looking for a Sr. Product Designer to build and maintain our FOX Sports design system across multiple platforms. Our design system helps provide a set of standards intended to manage design at scale using reusable components and patterns. You will be challenged to produce on-brand designs for FOX Sports, FOX Sports app, and living room apps. You will be involved in creating the design system that is used and referenced by all Product Design teams, Engineers, and Product Managers within FOX Sports. You will make sure designs adhere to the FOX Sports brand and maintain the UI for both existing components and new features.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, creative, and able to work within a collaborative team environment. You will work daily with other designers, product managers, analysts, and the development team to help achieve business objectives.
- Takes great pride in his/her work and is excited to show it off to friends
- Is always looking to improve, learn from and share knowledge with his/her peers
- Assesses project scope and provides accurate time estimates
- Consistently meets deadlines, anticipates issues and raises concerns early
- Solves problems without being asked
- Enjoys working with others
- Is flexible and open to feedback
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITES:
- Plan strategically with engineering and product to define the future of design systems at FOX Sports
- Build library components in Figma that can be quickly accessed by the design team and referenced by developers
- Make the structure and organization of the components intuitive to all parties that reference them
- Facilitate communication of the design system throughout the organization
- Shape how designs are handed off to developers to insure they are being built to exact specifications
- Be able to precisely articulate design rationale and goals to other team members and stakeholders
- Participate in product, design and engineering discussions to evaluate and enhance designs
- Work closely with the dev team to optimize asset delivery with minimal back-and-forth
- Work with the QA team to ensure final product adheres to design specifications before release
- Manage work within the design team adhering to team standards, processes and tools
- Stay current on software and tools available to help maintain design systems
- Comfortable in leading large scale projects within the team
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or similar
- Passion for sports with a vast knowledge across the different sports leagues
- Experience building and maintaining internal design systems.
- Experience using Figma to create designs, build component libraries, and create interactions.
- Egoless team player that works well with designers, product team members, and developers
- Strong attention to detail with annotation skills to streamline asset delivery to dev team
- Understanding of UI/UX standards across platforms such as iOS and Android material design
- Good communication skills with ability to present to stakeholders and incorporate feedback
- Proven ability to evaluate different design states within a project or product feature
- Great eye for design, but desire to create something truly unique and cutting edge
- Ability to communicate with team directly through Slack, Jira, Figma, E-mail, Zoom, etc
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Hunger to learn and master new technologies on a frequent basis to increase productivity
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER:
- Prototyping skills in Figma or other tools to showcase user interactions and animations
- Experience using the Story Books plugin within Figma to build code-based components
- Confident using Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using Jira to track work and progress within assigned tickets
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior User Experience Research
Closing 25 January 2023
- perm, remote
Senior UX Designer - Skate
Closing 25 January 2023
- Electronic Arts
- perm, remote
Lead - UX Researcher
Closing 31 January 2023
- Nextdoor UK
$145,000 to 237,000 per annum
Want more Senior Product Designer, Design Systems jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.