Senior Product Designer - Back Office
Who we are
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes over 400 independent fashion boutiques across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,000 people and have offices based in London, New York, LA, Porto, Lisbon, Guimaraes, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be human, Be brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our new luxury office space is set in the heart of the digital district in London. We offer ‘brilliant benefits’, free fruit, free breakfasts, wine time Friday and a chance to work with an inspirational and high performing team.
We are responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have two teams - one in London and one in Porto and work in clusters across our suite of products including web, mobile and instore.
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
You will be a creative thinker and technical problem solver who is excited to design the internal tools that solve our unique business needs. This can range from creating an interface for our boutiques to process the orders they receive, to a tool that controls the pricing of their products. You have previous experience in the end-to-end design process and are keen to employ a lightweight, evidence-based approach where learning shapes the design along the way.
You have formal design training and take pride in creating, evolving and protecting the interactions and patterns that allow us to scale our platform.
You’re a team player who recognises that your efforts are one significant part of a much bigger picture. You’re used to working closely with a multi-disciplined team of developers, researchers, other designers and product owners to problem solve and learn fast.
Each of our designers is expected to own their work - to put forward how they intend to discover, explore, test and adapt. Join the team that’s making a difference every day to an exciting platform.
What you'll do:
- Produce intuitive, innovative and delightful user experiences for various back-office products.
- Work collaboratively within an Agile process with; other product designers, product owners, project managers, UI and developer.
- Create solutions that incorporate all of the elements of a great experience while being within style guidelines to meet brand objectives
- Deﬁne and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools and deliverables to describe intent.
- Champion user experience and advocate the best design for our end users.
- Bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team.
Who you are:
- Ideally, 5+ years’ experienced as a digital product designer.
- A professional with a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science or similar.
- Experienced in working on back office products e.g. an intranet.
- Experienced in working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency.
- A professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required.
- Curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive.
- Proficient in the rapid prototyping.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following...
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please kindly note that all applications submitted must have an English CV and English portfolio.
To apply please follow the link:
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Want more Senior Product Designer - Back Office jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.