Senior Product Design Manager
As Senior Manager, User Experience Design, you will lead the team responsible for our engagement experiences across web, iOS and Android products at Hotels.com. This includes overseeing Landing, Post-booking, Loyalty, Ancillary products and CRM experiences. You will partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists and Analysts, and a range of stakeholders, to create world class user experiences. You’ll drive a process that puts customer needs first via a deep understanding of our users.
Our engagement teams build products for a range of important traveller contexts before, during and after their trips. The teams have a clear goal of creating experiences that customers will return to again and again, and a focus on many of the most business-critical outcomes for Hotels.com, most notably direct customer engagement and loyalty.
What you’ll do:
- You are an influencing voice in strategic roadmap discussions at program level.
- You will mentor teams on synthesizing insights in complex problem spaces.
- You will drive the creation of compelling customer experience vision, strategy and success metrics at program level, and connect related initiatives.
- You will role model and mentor for exemplary visual and interaction design practice and hold yourself and others accountable to deliver high quality experiences.
- You will take a whole systems approach to analyzing and solving customer problems.
- You will champion appropriate usage and growth of design systems.
- You will use both qualitative and quantitative insights of customer research and data and business analytics to drive design solutions.
- You will create communication materials using storytelling and persuasion techniques that build trust with partners and establish long-term relationships.
- You will create an environment for team effectiveness, where strengths are known and built upon and learning is shared to build capacity.
- You will lead the shaping of an inclusive, innovative, candid and trusting culture in your team.
- You will promote collaboration among team members.
- You will attract and select diverse and high caliber talent.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience; Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience or related Design field or relevant experience is applicable.
- Experience in formally line managing teams.
- Deep understanding of human-centred design methods and best practices
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Figma, Principle, Adobe CS
- Understands research and content strategy processes and practices to a level that enables strong collaboration with peers.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Want more Senior Product Design Manager jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.